We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tired young parents looking to relax!

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Tired young parents looking to relax!

My husband and I are planning a 4 night trip this summer and would love to hear thoughts on best places in SW Florida. We are debating between this area and the Caribbean.

Unfortunately, I've got champagne taste, but would not like to spend more than $400/night. Ideally, a place without a lot of kids - we have 1 year old triplets we will be "escaping" from for the trip :)

The Marriott on Marco Island looks to be the nicest, but a little $$ and would we be the only 30-somethings there? (For reference, our favorite beach vacation was Viceroy Sugar Beach on St. Lucia). Thanks for any advice!

4 replies to this topic
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Tired young parents looking to relax!

Go to Sanibel. Rent a beach cottage.

Jon
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Key West, Avalon
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
225 reviews
2. Re: Tired young parents looking to relax!

Take a look at the waterline resort on Anna Maria Island. Also a Marriott property.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
1,720 posts
67 reviews
3. Re: Tired young parents looking to relax!

Two "Champagne Taste" on Sanibel/Captiva:

South Seas Island Resort

Casa Ybel Resort

woodbridge,va
Level Contributor
835 posts
84 reviews
4. Re: Tired young parents looking to relax!

Sorry, just seeing this post after our own getaway for spring break. I'd recommend La Playa beach resort in Naples FL. We spent several relaxing trips there before, and after we had our son. It is very luxurious and they have pool and beach service to bring you food or drinks. Naples is fun for couples with a great white sand beach and terrific shopping and restaurants on 5th Ave. It is often referred to as the Palm Beach of the West Coast of FL.

Reply to: Tired young parents looking to relax!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted