We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 nights on the gulf coast

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
4 nights on the gulf coast

Hi all, we are planning a road trip for November this year and whilst we are mostly there with the rough itinerary I'm not sure where to stay on the gulf coast, we'll be heading from Orlando and onto key west and will have 4 nights to spend in the area, we we're thinking areas like st Pete beach, sanibel, captiva, ft Myers and Naples, would it be better to split it to have two nights in two base locations to explore? Or is it worth spending more time in one location to see and appreciate it fully? We are in our 30s love to get out and see the beautiful surroundings, but like a nice meal and a few drinks too.

Thanks in advance

5 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
50,092 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: 4 nights on the gulf coast

I would suggest anna Maria island, Sanibel or captiva.

Fmb, napkes, and st pete beach are a little too built up for me. I go to them sometimes, but only for a night or 2.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,521 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: 4 nights on the gulf coast

I like to move around when I travel, so, I’d consider splitting. I’d do it a bit differently though. I’d pick a beach destination and spend three nights, personally I’d pick Siesta Key or Sanibel. Then, I’d spend a night in downtown Naples. So many good restaurants, some fun bars, great people watching. From there, it’s a very easy drive to Key West.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,998 posts
3. Re: 4 nights on the gulf coast

In the Fort Myers area consider staying in Estero FL

along Corkscrew Road and Interstate 75 exit 123

Plenty of hotels to choose and ideal for shopping

at outlet stores “ MIROMAR “ ( close to 75 exit 123 )

and nearby regular mall -

“ Coconut Point “ ( close to “ the Trail “ US 41 )

Also check out the Sarasota / Bradenton area especially around

I - 75 exit 213 and University Parkway with a very unique junction

one of 4 such “ diamond intersection “ in the entire country.

visit the “ Shoppes at UTC “ on Cooper creek Blvd .

enjoy

Edited: 28 March 2018, 13:21
Beaconsfield...
Level Contributor
273 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: 4 nights on the gulf coast

I would definitely include two nights in Naples - Olde Naples is beautiful with a great choice of restaurants - recommend staying on or close to 5th Avenue South. Then maybe move up to Siesta Key for a couple of nights.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: 4 nights on the gulf coast

Thanks all, I hadn't considered siesta key or Anna Maria island so will do a bit more research including these. I like the idea of three nights in one and one night in Naples.

Reply to: 4 nights on the gulf coast
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted