We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to celebrate a birthday in Fort Myers area?

England
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How to celebrate a birthday in Fort Myers area?

I am trying to find a special way to celebrate my Mother's birthday in late September.

We will be staying on Cape Coral but would be happy to travel up to an hour away.

I am really struggling for ideas. I've considered hot air ballooning but it's really expensive. She's not really into sailing, although a nice easy going cruise might be nice.

We will be going out for dinner, but need something to do during the day.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Cape Coral
Cape Coral
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,129 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to celebrate a birthday in Fort Myers area?

capt Bob at CapeCoral marina. Pontoon boat for the day. $250. Takes you where you want, frm North Captiva, to Cabbage Key, Useppa, Captiva etc.

A fun day out, and still leaves you time to resfresh before dinner- you could even pick one of the marina restaurants?

Mentioned in this post
North Captiva Island
North Captiva Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Captiva Island
Captiva Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
606 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to celebrate a birthday in Fort Myers area?

Check out Captiva Cruises on Captiva Island - perhaps Cabbage Key or Useppa Island is something she might like. They also do cruises up to the Edison and Ford Winter Estates.

Mentioned in this post
Captiva Cruises
Captiva Cruises
824 Reviews
Captiva Island, FL
Captiva Island
Captiva Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Useppa Island
Useppa Island
80 Reviews
Bokeelia, FL
3. Re: How to celebrate a birthday in Fort Myers area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 07:16