We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do when sunburnt?

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What to do when sunburnt?

So we went out yesterday and I did not apply enough sunscreen...ouch. So what is there to do indoors where my poor skin can recover?

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do when sunburnt?

Looks like you are in Ft. Myers area. That is about 1 1/2 hours to Sarasota, with several museums and St. Armand's for shopping. I know there is the Edison/Ford museum in Ft. Myers, and an outlet mall, but you will get more answers if you post on that forum. Use lots of Aloe!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,082 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do when sunburnt?

Would help if we knew where you are styaing- have you got aloe? I find it helps the most. Then dermocaine for the pain?

Some things, shopping at the mall, catch a movie, go bowling. Swim if your pool has shade- otherwise swim when the sun starts setting.

And tomorrow not only sunscreen but use a hat and longsleeve T if you can in the water, and shortsleeves out if you cna't stand it being too hot. Will take a few days before you recover.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,720 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do when sunburnt?

Visit the Edison and Ford Estates - musuem and historic homes

http://www.edisonfordwinterestates.org/

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,318 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do when sunburnt?

Go to a surf shop and buy a rash guard and a hat. There are also long pants that you can wear in the water that dry quickly. My wife found a pair for me awhile back, and I use them all of the time in the winter when I fish.

5. Re: What to do when sunburnt?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Southwest Gulf Coast