We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worth the drive from Fort Myers to Tampa for Busch Gardens?

Harris, Minnesota
Level Contributor
49 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Worth the drive from Fort Myers to Tampa for Busch Gardens?

We are traveling to Fort Myers Beach for a week in Jan. Last year we went on a boat tour in collier county and saw alligators. We are trying to find a fun day trip for the kids and wondering thoughts on if it is worth the drive to Busch Gardens or even Disney for the day? We are already spending one day at Cayo Costa state park. Our kids are 7, 9 and 2. thanks!

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worth the drive from Fort Myers to Tampa for Busch Gardens?

It is over 2 hrs to Tampa and over 3 hrs to Orlando one way. All day walking the parks and another 2/3 hrs back again with three little ones could be overwhelming in my opinion.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,747 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Worth the drive from Fort Myers to Tampa for Busch Gardens?

Consider spending a night or two nearer to Tampa so you can get a full day in Busch. Remember it will get dark by 6 pm in January.

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Worth the drive from Fort Myers to Tampa for Busch Gardens?

I don't think it's worth the long drive or the traffic to go to Busch Gardens or Disney. I would try and find something to do closer so you don't waste all that beach time driving.

London
Level Contributor
48 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Worth the drive from Fort Myers to Tampa for Busch Gardens?

We have done the dive from FMB to Busch many times as the children really love the park. We leave early and they sleep on the way and leave the park late, stop for dinner and then drive back and they sleep again. I think it comes down to whether the family have a problem with a long drive. As I said the kids sleep and we  don't mind sitting In the  car listening to the radio or talking to pass the time

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Worth the drive from Fort Myers to Tampa for Busch Gardens?

check out the Naples Zoo.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,552 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Worth the drive from Fort Myers to Tampa for Busch Gardens?

BG maybe, but not Disney. I have a place an hour nirth of FMB, and I won't drive to Disney for the day- I spend the night if I want to go there.

7. Re: Worth the drive from Fort Myers to Tampa for Busch Gardens?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2013, 10:21