We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turquoise Water?

Salem, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
75 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Turquoise Water?

Hi, I'm wondering if there is a section of he Gulf Coast that might have clearer Turquoise/Aqua colored water than other sections of the coast. It is my favorite color and I want to be surrounded by it! =D

Thank you.

Salem, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
75 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turquoise Water?

I'm guessing the lack of responses indicates that there isn't much turquoise water to be found on the gulf coast?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,992 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Turquoise Water?

Your initial post has "slipped through the cracks". I'm surprise no one has responded. So let me try. If you're comparing the Gulf coast with the East coast then sure the difference is like night and day.

But most of the Gulf coast itself is about the same unless one part is churned up by strong winds or stormy weather.

Any particular section you're considering?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,384 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turquoise Water?

I was away w/o internet. This isnt' a paid service lol, just be patient. Also these general forums get much less int he way of readers than specific ones such as say, the orlando or Sanibel forums. So if you hear bt an area you like the sound/look of then poat in that forum for the most replies.

I used to live in t he bahamas, famed for the quality of the water. Many films are made there, at least the underwater bits.

I find that Anna Maria and gasparilla island/Boca G are very close, bahia Honda in the keys is good too. In fact much of the keys is, but you won't find a lot of beaches there so if white or golden sand for miles is your thing with the water then you need to look elsewhere.

Destin area can be good too- but only if going at a time of year when the dreaded 'June grass' is absent

4. Re: Turquoise Water?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2013, 10:15