We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time Travelers to NC Coast - ADVICE NEEDED!

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
First Time Travelers to NC Coast - ADVICE NEEDED!

My husband and I are starting to plan a vacation to the North Carolina Coast for September 2011 and need planning advice. This will be our first time to the area and we will have a 1-year old with us. We are considering renting a small vacation home on or near the water (not sure what location would be best). We need a crash course in NC Coast vacations! Any advice on what area we should stay in and what to see and do would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

1. Re: First Time Travelers to NC Coast - ADVICE NEEDED!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2011, 20:01
Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time Travelers to NC Coast - ADVICE NEEDED!

While the Outer Banks is a great place, with a 1-year-old I would suggest one of our southern beaches. The sand is softer, the ocean is usually more calm (but of course this varies with the weather), and the water temps are generally higher. I really love the Brunswick County beaches--Sunset, Ocean Isle, and Holden. Beautiful, wide beaches, and relatively less crowded than other places. You should also consider the Wilmington-area beaches--Wrightsville, Carolina, and Kure beaches.

Here's a link with more info on the area (see links to individual beaches at the bottom of the page): http://wilmington.insiderinfo.us/#

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
27,412 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time Travelers to NC Coast - ADVICE NEEDED!

We were in Wrightsville Beach last Sept. and saw lots of families with young children. The water was still warm and the weather perfect. Lot of good places to eat too.

Leicester
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time Travelers to NC Coast - ADVICE NEEDED!

Panther52 your question is just what I wanted to post too!

We are planning a trip from the UK next May with our 18-month old and a 3.5-year old. We have been to the Florida gulf coast a few times and are looking for somewhere a bit different for a relaxing family vacation. At first the Outer Banks looked like the obvious choice. But on further investigation it seems like some of the other beaches to the south are worth considering too. This seems to be supported by the previous replies. By the way, for the Outer Banks we were thinking that Duck looked like a good option for families with young children. I hope you get some more replies...

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time Travelers to NC Coast - ADVICE NEEDED!

You might want to consider the beaches on Topsail Island. We have North Topsail Beach, Surf City and Topsail Beach. All are quite laid back for a relaxing vacation and not too hectic for little ones.

Renting a beach house or condo would be perfect for a family with small children.

6. Re: First Time Travelers to NC Coast - ADVICE NEEDED!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2011, 05:17