We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July visit - help with planning route / itinerary

Wales
1 post
Save Topic
July visit - help with planning route / itinerary

Hello all,

This is a great forum for helpful advice, so I would really appreciate your help!

My husband and I are hiring an RV from Calgary for 10 nights. We want to see all of the "traditional" sites in the Rockies, but are keen to make the most of our visit and see some of the lesser known locations and to get a feel for several of the National Parks. Our ten days starts on July 6th. Any advice on a route, or not to miss sites which are a bit more unknown would be appreciated. We like hiking and walkin and are used to camping. Would you advise that we book campsites on advance?

thanks for all your help!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,213 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July visit - help with planning route / itinerary

If you would like fully-serviced sites (water, sewer, electricity), I would strongly recommend booking ahead, especially for weekends but in general as well. If you don't mind going with an unserviced or electricity-only site, then you'll probably be okay "winging it", although I would still recommend weekend reseravations.

For information on "off the beaten track" recommendations, I suggest you check this current thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g659487-i11598-k27…

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July visit - help with planning route / itinerary

In July I would definitely make reservations for Friday through Saturday, regardless of what services you want.

3. Re: July visit - help with planning route / itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2009, 05:37