We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Agnes w/LIittle Beehive or Plain of 6 Glacier Hike?

Belleville, IL
Level Contributor
305 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Agnes w/LIittle Beehive or Plain of 6 Glacier Hike?

If you could only do the Lake Agnes Hike with the sidetrip to Little Beehive or the Plain of Six Glaicers hike, which would you choose? I know you can do a loop of both, but due to time (and being 3.5 months pregnant) we only want to do one or the other. (Weather and trail condition dependent of course.)

Which has better scenery and views? I know the Lake Agnes trail is through the trees for a large portion, but the lake and waterfall look nice. I also liked what I have seen of the LIttle Beehive Viewpoint. I wondered if Plain of 6 Glaciers might have more varied scenery and better views of Lake Louise though?

Belleville, IL
Level Contributor
305 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Agnes w/LIittle Beehive or Plain of 6 Glacier Hike?

Anyone have any thoughts one way or the other? I'm leaning towards Lake Agnes.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,950 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Agnes w/LIittle Beehive or Plain of 6 Glacier Hike?

Bump: …custhelp.com/app/…bump

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,165 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Agnes w/LIittle Beehive or Plain of 6 Glacier Hike?

You really can't go wrong with either! It has been a long time since I hiked either of the Beehives, so I really can't remember but in comparing the rest of those two hikes, my own preference would be the Plain of Six Glaciers ... I like being out in open subalpine and alpine terrain.

Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Agnes w/LIittle Beehive or Plain of 6 Glacier Hike?

Plain of Six Glaciers definitely and then loop to Lake Agnes.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Agnes w/LIittle Beehive or Plain of 6 Glacier Hike?

another vote for the plain of the six glaciers. but i've done both and like both!

6. Re: Lake Agnes w/LIittle Beehive or Plain of 6 Glacier Hike?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 07:17