We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trying to finalize plans Calgary Banff LL Jasper

huntsville al
Level Contributor
97 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
trying to finalize plans Calgary Banff LL Jasper

I've read these posts a million times but still cannot finalize our days! We are two couples in our fifties and we want to see the sights and hike. We have 8 days total, arriving either in mid July or early Aug. It seems that there are vacancies where we'd like to stay. We arrive in Calgary at noon and were planning to pick up a rental car and go straight to Banff for 3 nights, then go over to Lake Louise area for one night, then to Jasper for 3 nights, then come back to Banff for the last night and leave the next morning for a 1:15 Pm flight in Calgary. Does this sound like a good plan, or would you consider going to LL first and then Jasper and do Banff area last? Thanks so much!!!

Mahtomedi, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trying to finalize plans Calgary Banff LL Jasper

I think that sounds like a good plan if you can get the lodging you want.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,161 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trying to finalize plans Calgary Banff LL Jasper

I think thats a great plan of attack. Driving the parkway both ways is always a good day of sightseeing. On a typical 'tour' we spend two nites Banff, one nite LL and two day Jasper. Adding more time gives you even more flexibility.

3. Re: trying to finalize plans Calgary Banff LL Jasper

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 05:16