We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Planning Trip to the Rockies

Colleyville, Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
Help Planning Trip to the Rockies

Please tell me if this is a crazy plan. As of right now my husband & I are planning on the following 5 night trip. We really need help with our plan. These are the things we want to make sure to do on this trip. Hot Springs, Hiking, Horse back ride, trail around Lake Louise. Oh my husband would love to zip line but I don't think there will be time. Seriously in need of lots of planning help! We have already booked hotel night 1 in Calgary ( doesn't mean we couldn't drive to banff that day too) and we have tentatively booked hotel night #3 in Jasper.

Day 1 arrive Calgary around 1 - we've rented a car. We were planning on staying the night in Calgary & doing not sure what yet - thought about that new toboggan sled ride & maybe the zoo.

Day 2 - up early breakfast in Calgary then headed to hotel in Canmore & spending the day in Banff

Day 3- up super early to drive to Jasper - spend night, get up early do some hiking or horseback riding then drive back - & stay at either Lake Louise or back to Canmore.

Day 4 - another day in either banff or Lake Louise Area after drive back from Jasper

Day 5 - need help were were originally planning on spending the night in Calgary again. I think our flight leaves at 2ish on day 6.

Mahtomedi, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Planning Trip to the Rockies

IMO you should skip the first night in Calgary and beat feet to the mountains. You have plenty of time to get there and arriving late afternoon would give you a chance to visit a place or two without the crowds of the day. Also spend two nights in Jasper instead of hurrying to get back. Lots to do and see there-maligne canyon and lake can take at least half a day. Enjoy the last night in The mountains also. You have plenty of time to get back to the airport. Why not eek out as much time as you can in that wonderful area?

2. Re: Help Planning Trip to the Rockies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 06:16