We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm confused about Yoho!

wisconsin
Level Contributor
690 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
I'm confused about Yoho!

We're leaving for the Rockies soon and have itinerary pretty much planned. I've been going over all the posts about Yoho Nat'l Park, but I'm confused as to what we can and can't do without getting on the shuttle bus. I've read in several spots that you need to make reservations 3 months in advance. Is that just to see Lake Ohara? Can we still go on our own to see Emerald Lake and Takakkaw Falls? I'm guessing we can, but want to make absolute certain first. Thanks.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,037 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm confused about Yoho!

Yes, the reservation-three-months-in-advance is just for the Lake O'Hara shuttle bus, not for visiting Yoho NP in general. There are public roads that you can drive up to get to Emerald Lake and Takakkaw Falls.

Edited: 10 July 2013, 04:15
wisconsin
Level Contributor
690 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm confused about Yoho!

Phew! Glad to hear it as we have no reservations.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
690 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm confused about Yoho!

By the way, dog photos are the best, aren't they?

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,037 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm confused about Yoho!

LOL, yes they are! Although mine is "in remembrance". :(

wisconsin
Level Contributor
690 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm confused about Yoho!

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. How old was he when he died? Our Samoyed will be 11 this November, and that's the average age of Samoyeds. I can't bare the thought of that day coming.

6. Re: I'm confused about Yoho!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 06:18