We fly in and out of Calgary and I have reservations for the first 3 nights in Banff, then 2 nights in Jasper and 2 nights in Lake Louise. I have tried to come-up with a good list of activities but i would really appreciate some guidance to finalize our plans! Here are my questions:
1. How is my breakdown of locations - should we do 2 nights in Jasper and 2 in Lake Louise instead?
2. In Banff we would like to do the Sulphur Mountain gondola; Lake Minnewanka driving loop and boat cruise; drive along Bow River Parkway and Johnston Canyon with hike to upper falls or canoe Bow river. We would love to do the Discover Banff nightime wildlife tour as well as maybe
3. Our Lake Louise sights include Yoho National Park (with stops at Spiral Tunnels & the Natural Bridge), Emerald Lake & Takakkaw Falls.
4. Should we try to raft / float in Banff or Athabasca falls. If our little one is too young we could split up...
5. Icefields parkway stops - should we do Hector lake, Peyto Lake, Tangle Falls. Sunwapta Falls, Athabasca Falls? Should we take the snowcoach tour the same day as we drive-up or wait and do it the next day after staying in Jasper overnight.
6. In Jasper - Mt. Edith Cavel - path of glacier trail, and then what with our kids age - Maligne lake / canyon, Medicine Lake, Patrica/Pyramid lake... Angel falls?
7. Should we do Johnston Canon while we stay at Banff or combine it with Lake Louise and Moraine lake... In Lake Louise / Moraine Lake what are the best activities for our ages? I think the idea of the tea house hike is great (when we bike we always have an ice cream destination in mind) but not sure if it is worth it or even possible with our 5 year old. I would say she is pretty average in terms of her abilities and interests
Am I missing anything that would be great for kids? Should I cut a little into all of the scenic touring and spend our last night in Calgary or nearby doing something different?
Sorry to be so needy - I was so happy to book the trip but since then I've felt incapable of making a decision so I really appreciate all of the wisdom, insights and advice on this site!