We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I get paper map(s) mailed to me before trip?

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How can I get paper map(s) mailed to me before trip?

Of course there are tons of maps available online. But - call me old-fashioned - I like to have a paper map. Back in the day, tourist bureaus would be happy to mail a traveller a packet of info about the area, including some maps. Most of the tourist web sites I've found for Banff and Jasper have a ton of info (including maps) online but I can't find any way to request info mailed to me. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Edited: 14 May 2014, 19:39
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
17,692 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How can I get paper map(s) mailed to me before trip?

Since you've posted in the Alberta forum, I assume you want Alberta info. Try Travel Alberta - they will mail you print material:

travelalberta.com/Trip%20Essentials/Vacation…

Most other provincial tourism websites will as well.

For printed maps you could also try your local AAA office.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,406 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How can I get paper map(s) mailed to me before trip?

The official Alberta highways map is a pretty good one, much better than some other provincial road maps. If you're looking for more than that - for instance a hiking or topo map - you can order a wide variety of maps online from Map Town or Map World, both located in Calgary:

www.maptown.com/canadamaps.html#alberta

http://www.mapworld.ca/

PS Most CAA/AAA-published maps are not that great, in my opinion. I'd rather have the official Alberta & BC highways maps.

Edited: 14 May 2014, 19:54
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
17,692 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How can I get paper map(s) mailed to me before trip?

I use only paper maps, and the majority of them come from CAA ... in 30 years of travelling back and forth across Canada they have more than sufficed.

I'm assuming the OP doesn't want to pay for maps ... would like free travel info packs usually provided as he/she notes by tourism offices.

You can always pick up a free map on-site at Tourism welcome centres.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How can I get paper map(s) mailed to me before trip?

Hi JustJim,

We would be happy to mail you an info packet (including maps) for the Banff and Lake Louise area. Just send us your mailing address at info@banfflakelouise.com and we will be happy to put a package together for you.

5. Re: How can I get paper map(s) mailed to me before trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 07:16