We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gypsy question

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Topic
Gypsy question

I downloaded Calgary to Banff FREE app for Android (Galaxy 3)

After installed when I try to start it it says "You may not have purchased this product" ?

Where as this is free, I was also planing to buy Icefield PWY once I do this

Any thoughts ?

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
17,590 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gypsy question

What makes you think it was free? A demo might have been.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gypsy question

I mean when you goto to store in cost it says FREE !!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,477 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gypsy question

I can't find Calgary-Banff on the app store, and from the developer's website, the link for that app back to the store leads to a "not found" message. Sounds like a glitch; maybe it's been pulled from the store.

The other paid apps are probably fine.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gypsy question

Here is the link .

You can scroll down to see all available.

www.gypsyguide.com/apps/Canadian-Rockies.php

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
43 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gypsy question

My husband also attempted to download the free Gypsy guide -Calgary Airport to Banff-to his iPad which was 4 yrs old. It would not work. It did work on his newer iPhone. He recently purchased a new iPad Air-Father's Day Gift- and the app worked perfectly. He has since downloaded other Gypsy Guide programs for the Rockies onto his iPad without any problems.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
43 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gypsy question

My husband also attempted to download the free Gypsy guide -Calgary Airport to Banff-to his iPad which was 4 yrs old. It would not work. It did work on his newer iPhone. He recently purchased a new iPad Air-Father's Day Gift- and the app worked perfectly. He has since downloaded other Gypsy Guide programs for the Rockies onto his iPad without any problems.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Gypsy question

Jo Thanks for update . I will try it on my Ipad today

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,083 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gypsy question

I had the free Calgary to Banff app on my iPod Touch (similar to iPhone) since it was first released, a couple of years ago. Recently removed it to make space for other apps, but I didn't have to pay and it worked ok for me.

United States
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Gypsy question

Hello everyone

Yes last week we did an update to the Free Calgary to Banff tour, but when it published in the Play Store it had some unexpected glitches. We removed it from the store until we had everything fixed and it should be fine now. Sorry for the hassle, sometimes you make 1 change and 3 other things are affected!

The Calgary to Banff tour is free. its designed as an introduction the the Canadian Rockies and filled with stories, tips and advice on things you might like to do while you are here. It will also get you to Banff the fastest way from downtown Calgary or the airport.

If the link to click through to an app store fails, the easiest thing to do is search "gypsy guide" and all of our tours should come up.

Ipad users - its important to know that WiFi-only iPads do not have a GPS chip inside. They will not activate automatically. Any iPhone and 3G/4G capable iPads do have GPS chips and they will work perfectly.

Last advice - when doing the GyPSy tours please bring a car charger as the GPS signal function does use up battery faster than normal. And for best sound quality we recommend investing a few dollars to get an Auxiliary cable. This easily allows the sound to be played through the car stereo.

Happy travels

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Gypsy question

Thank you for the update. I will try again today.