We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report, 4 hikes

Eau Claire...
Level Contributor
41 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report, 4 hikes

My husband and I arrived at Banff NP, Tunnel Mountain Trailer Court on 6/21/14 in the evening

Day 1: Lake Louise, hiked Lake Agnes/Plain of Six Glaciers, Moraine Lake and Johnston Canyon

Day 2: hiked Sulphur Mtn, drove Norquay Rd

Day 3: Icefields Parkway, hiked Wilcox Pass (checked into Whistler's, Jasper NP)

Day 4: Maligne Canyon and Lake, Mt. Edith Cavell, Athabasca Falls

Day 5: hiked Bald Hills

Day 6: hiked Vally of 5 Lakes, wanted to hike Parker's Ridge but no room in parking lot for us (truck with 5th wheel)

We had an amazing time, loved all the hikes...each unique in their own way, I couldn't pick a favorite. Scenery was incredible!! Campgrounds were really good, no complaints at all. Flowers were just starting to bloom when we left on the 27th. We saw elk, bears, goats, bighorn sheep..

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,318 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report, 4 hikes

Thanks for sharing your experiences! I'm so glad that you were able to do most of the hikes that you wanted to. How were the trail conditions? Did you encounter much snow or mud? I'm happy that you had some good wildlife sightings, too. The flowering info is also helpful.

I'll add your trip report to this TripAdvisor Traveller Article that lists trip reports by TA members:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g659487-c123791/Canad…

Eau Claire...
Level Contributor
41 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report, 4 hikes

Trail conditions were good. Encountered some mud and snow on Wilcox Pass and Bald Hills, also some near Lake Agnes. Sulpher Mtn was completely dry. I am missing the Canadian Rockies!!

3. Re: Trip Report, 4 hikes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 05:17