We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused on national parks pass

LA
Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Topic
Confused on national parks pass

Hi,

I'm going to be traveling Banff to Jasper next week. While reading tripadvisor.com/Travel-g659487-c74055/… I got a question.

It says

"Note that, although you do not need a National Parks pass to drive the Trans-Canada Highway through the national parks without stopping, this is not the case for those driving the Icefields Parkway. Even if you don't stop at any point along the parkway, you will still be required to have a pass. There may be a substantial fine if you are caught without one."

Does it mean that I need to get the pass if I plan to drive the 93 high way? If so, where do I get it? It's so confusing whether I should buy it or not...

Banff National Park
National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Hiking Trails
Red Rock Canyon
Canyons, National Parks
Temple Mountain
Mountains, National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas
calgary
Level Contributor
4,500 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused on national parks pass

Yes you will need to buy the pass as you will also need it when you are in Banff. You can buy it at the east entrance to Banff National Park (assuming you are arriving from Calgary). You will need one for each day you are in the National Park but sometimes its cheaper to buy the yearly pass depending on how many days you will be there.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
14,222 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused on national parks pass

you can also add days to the pass at the Visitor Centre on Banff Avenue

LA
Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused on national parks pass

Thank you so much!

LA
Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused on national parks pass

Thank you so much!!!

5. Re: Confused on national parks pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 07:16