Last year we spent a 2.5 weeks in Canadian Rockies and Glacier NP and hiked a lot. To help others who may have a hard time deciding which hike to prioritize, here are our top 15 hikes.
1. The Jasper Skyline - Jasper NP
2. Berg Lake to Adolphus Lake - Robson/Valemount
3. Lake O'Hara Alpine Circuit (turned around at Oesa due to weather) - Yoho NP
4. Iceline/Whaleback Ridge to Summit/Yoho circuit - Yoho NP
4. Highline to Swiftcurrent w/ side trip to Grinnell Glacier Lookout - Glacier NP
6. Larch/Sentinel/Paradise Valley Loop - Banff NP
6. Chief/Ptarmigan Tunnel/Iceberg/Swiftcurrent Loop - Glacier NP
6. Dawson-Pitamakan - Glacier NP
9. Fairview Summit - Banff NP
10. Piegan Pass Glacier - NP
11. Plains of Six Glaciers to upper glaciers - Banff NP
12. Grinnell Glacier Glacier NP
13. Wilcox - Icefields Parkway
14. Hidden Lake - Glacier NP
15. Sun Point/Virginia Falls Loop Glacier NP
This year, we're spending our time 15 days in CR and will repeat all the hikes above as well add some new ones:
Here are ones I have on my list to do: Skoki region, Banff Egypt, Helen Lake/Cirque Peak, Tonquin Valley, Sulphur Skyline, Rockwall as well as Berg Lake w/ Snowbird Pass, Lake O'Hara Alpine Circuit w/ All Soul's Prospect & Lake McArthur, Parker Ridge.
Please feel free to share your list of favorite hikes and perhaps we will check them out. We'll be there Sept 6-21 (not quite peak larch season yet, unfortunately).