We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maximum ATM withdrawl

JOHNSTOWN, PA
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
129 reviews
Maximum ATM withdrawl

Hubby is heading down next week and wants to get some pesos from the ATM to save for our big June trip. He's banking on getting a better exchange rate now instead of then. Does anyone know the maximum amount of pesos he can withdraw on one day or in one transaction at the ATM? He will be using Santander machine as that is who we have our card through. No fees.

5 replies to this topic
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
49,053 posts
164 reviews
1. Re: Maximum ATM withdrawl

Not certain the max allowed by Santander since it varies by bank. But remember, It also depends on the limit set on the card by your local bank. Helps if you know that in advance.

JOHNSTOWN, PA
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
129 reviews
2. Re: Maximum ATM withdrawl

We have a Santander card. I didn't know if machines had a limit other than what your card allows.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
49,053 posts
164 reviews
3. Re: Maximum ATM withdrawl

The bank machines do have a limit which varies by bank. But not certain since you have a Santander card if it will be the same limit as at your home bank or different in Mexico.

Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
9,987 posts
4. Re: Maximum ATM withdrawl

The ATM I use (not Santander) displays set amounts on the screen (1000, 2000 pesos, etc) up to a maximum of 10,000 pesos, but any amount can be entered manually. Santander ATMs are probably the same. The largest amount I've withdrawn is 15,000 pesos (never tried anything larger).

Edited: 18 February 2018, 20:39
JOHNSTOWN, PA
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
129 reviews
5. Re: Maximum ATM withdrawl

Thanks the most we've ever taken is 6000 pesos.

Reply to: Maximum ATM withdrawl
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted