We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Storing packs in Playa del Carmen

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
99 posts
12 reviews
6 helpful votes
Storing packs in Playa del Carmen

Hello! My family of 4 will be traveling from Akumal to Puerto Morelos and I've read that we will likely go through Playa del Carmen. If that is the case, I'd love to spend the entire day there but we will all have our large backpacks. Is there a convenient place to store them while we walk around? Thanks in advance!

4 replies to this topic
JOHNSTOWN, PA
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
129 reviews
104 helpful votes
1. Re: Storing packs in Playa del Carmen

Given the recent problems I think you would have a really hard time storing your bags anywhere. How are you traveling? Your transportation company may be able to help you with this. If not perhaps you could contact a local business in town and ask if they would store them for a fee while you explore.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
49,123 posts
164 reviews
124 helpful votes
2. Re: Storing packs in Playa del Carmen

Should be no problem storing them at either of the ADO bus terminals. Both have secure storage places where you pay by the hour.

Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
10,039 posts
3. Re: Storing packs in Playa del Carmen

I've stored bags at the ADO bus terminal on 5th Ave -- up the stairs -- cheap & easy. I have the rates if you want them.

And the 5th Ave terminal, known as Turistica, is probably the most convenient for what you want to see & do in Playa.

Edited: 13 March 2018, 03:37
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
99 posts
12 reviews
6 helpful votes
4. Re: Storing packs in Playa del Carmen

Thank you for these tips! Our travel is still a ways off so we hadn’t booked any transportation yet, I’d just read the buses go through Playa and figured that may be a good way to spend some time there as well!

Reply to: Storing packs in Playa del Carmen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted