We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico all inc with plenty of bars and restaurants

Melton Mowbray...
Level Contributor
8 posts
21 reviews
Mexico all inc with plenty of bars and restaurants

Hi we are a couple looking at going for our 50th birthdays to Mexico.

Can people recommend a nice all inc with plenty to do, lots of different bars, restaurants etc

And water sports

Cheers

8 replies to this topic
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3,376 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Mexico all inc with plenty of bars and restaurants

You haven't mentioned budget. I like the Valentin. Secrets Maroma Beach, the other Secrets resorts and the Excellence resorts come highly recommended. Water sports may or may not be available in all of these resorts because the water can be rough in some areas.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,706 posts
71 reviews
2. Re: Mexico all inc with plenty of bars and restaurants

My recs will totally depend on budget.

I like to stay at adults only resorts when I am not traveling with my kids so thats what I would recommend. The Valentin is for sure a great choice. Its not as expensive as some of the other adults only resorts but has a lot to offer. Has better night life than the other adults only resorts we have visited as well.

Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Mexico all inc with plenty of bars and restaurants

Another plug for Valentin Imperial Maya. Been 3x.

Lots of bars, even themed bars (martini bar for example) and seven restaurants for dinner, and rarely is one of them closed.

Nice beach too and huge pool so doesn’t matter if you are pool or beach person

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
240 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Mexico all inc with plenty of bars and restaurants

One of the Bahia Principe hotels. There are four resorts in one complex with multiple pools and bars at each resort. You can take out kayaks, catamaran, snorkeling gear, etc. There is a basketball and tennis court on site. They have a storefront area that includes shipping, sports bar, disco, etc. So shopping and nightlife on site.

If you stay at the non-luxurious resorts you have a access to two of the resorts (Bahia Principe Coba & Bahia Principe Tulum). If you stay at one of the luxury resorts then you can access all four of the resorts (Luxury ones are Bahia Principe Akumal & Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an).

The shopping, nightlife & water activities are included no matter what resort you choose.

manchester
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
38 reviews
5. Re: Mexico all inc with plenty of bars and restaurants

Check out TRS Yucatan if budget allows (approx 15 restaurants and over 20 bars). If on a tighter budget, the grand palladium is part of the same complex as TRS but it allows children. That said there are 2 adults only pools, 2 adult only bars and the a la cartes rotate on an adults only each night meaning at least one every night will be adults only. On the grand palladium side you’re looking at around 10-12 restaurants and around 20 bars.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,706 posts
71 reviews
6. Re: Mexico all inc with plenty of bars and restaurants

Thought of another one...Secrets Akumal. For some reason that I cannot understand, SA is pricing out close to the VIM which IMHO it should not. SA is a higher level resort than VIM so you may be able to get a steal.

Lots of evening activities but snorkeling right off of the beach. A rarity in the area. Does not have jet ski's on site though due to the reef and snorkel area.

JOHNSTOWN, PA
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
129 reviews
7. Re: Mexico all inc with plenty of bars and restaurants

Try Ocean Coral & Turquesa by H10. I've been there 3 times. Going to their sister resort Ocean Riviera Paradise in a few weeks. Large selection of restaurants and no reservations.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
57 reviews
8. Re: Mexico all inc with plenty of bars and restaurants

Secrets Maroma is a good option.

It isn't huge (which I like), it is adults only, and has enough restaurants for every day of the week - NO RESERVATIONS required.

They also have a dine around program that you can utilize for other Secrets/Dreams/Breathless should you wish for an alternative option.

There are quite a few bars as well, but offer poolside and beachside service so you don't have to go yourself to the bar to get a drink. Might be kind of nice to have that service for your birthday!

Reply to: Mexico all inc with plenty of bars and restaurants
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted