We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which adults only resort has the best pools?

Washington
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Which adults only resort has the best pools?

While we intend to enjoy the beach, we also spend alot of time at the pool. Can anyone give me a recommendation on an AI with great pools?

Thanks, —R

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which adults only resort has the best pools?

I think the best pool set up is at the Iberostar Maya/Lindo and Paraiso Beach. I stayed at the Paraiso Beach in Feb. It has 6 interconnecting pools including 3 swim up bars. The pools run through most of the resort. There is a great aerial shot of the resort on the main Iberostar website. Just pick "Mexico" then "Paraiso Beach" and then "photo gallery". The pool area of the Lindo/Maya is even bigger. They are HUGE resorts. It's not adults only though. The Iberostar Grande is adults only and has a great salt water pool but it's not the size of the other resort's pools. If you stay at the Grande you have full use of the other 4 resorts though. Read the reviews and check out the "candid travelers photos" of each resort located at the top of each resort page.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,178 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which adults only resort has the best pools?

Excellence has a great pool area that runs through the resort. The IB Grande has several different pools---one being a salt water pool.

Maryland
Level Contributor
422 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which adults only resort has the best pools?

I stayed at the Aventura spa palace last year, and their pools were fantastic!!!. Really largend winding, pleanty of sun and sahde if you needed it, and all spots were convienet to get food and drink!!

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which adults only resort has the best pools?

The pools at ERC were awesome! Le Blanc's infinity pool was really pretty.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Pittsburgh, Cancun
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which adults only resort has the best pools?

Aventura Spa Palace has amazing pools! There are 2 large lagoon style pools, each with swim up bars. The North pool (spa side) is the quieter pool and the south pool is more active with pool volleyball, live music and entertainment. There also cross current (with a waterfall)pool for exercise and a beautiful indoor pool with a cold water plunge. There ate 7 hot tubs. There is full (top shelf drinks and food) pool service, which is fantastic. You always have a drink in your hand. Go to www.palaceresorts.com to check out Aventura Spa Palace and look at my photos here on TA.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,178 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which adults only resort has the best pools?

But....the Adventurea Spa Palace does not have a natural beach. They have a man made lagoon with no real ocean access.

boston
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which adults only resort has the best pools?

I am going to have to go with the ERC also!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which adults only resort has the best pools?

Aventura Spa has a beautiful quiet man made beach with lots of umbrellas, loungers and fantastic full beach service, There are beautiful clear ocean -fed lagoons to swim, snorkel or kyack in and as you lay on the beach you can see and here the ocean crashing into the reef-----Beautiful!!! Look at my photos here on TA.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which adults only resort has the best pools?

Also you can use any of the other Palace Resorts, such as Club Tulum which has a beautiful large white sandy beach, or the Maroma Beach from Playacar Palace, which is pictured in my user photo here on TA.

10. Re: Which adults only resort has the best pools?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 03:15