We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 Apple Square Deal

HOME
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Topic
6 Apple Square Deal

Has anyone did the 6 apple square deal, if so where did you stay. We are going in 2 weeks.

Thanks

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal

Personally I think you'll end up at Dreams Tulum. I'm a travel agent and booked myself into this deal a couple of months ago. I figured we would end up at Secrets or Dreams, now that it's closer I can see that Secrets is close to full and Dreams it would be. Secrets, Dreams, and Sunscape are all affiliated with Apple Vacations. I changed my reservation to a 5Golden Iberostar Deal(which wasn't available when I originally booked). I don't know which Iberostar it will be (only 2 choices) but either way I will be much happier than at Dreams. Dreams Tulum isn't for me, it's about as far south as you can go, about 35-40 minutes from Playa del Carmen, it caters to families, and I don't think that this particular resort delivers a consistent experience. Keep in mind it's still a great value for what you paid, it's just not for me.

south bend, IN
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal

regarding switching from 6 golden apple to iberostar square deal, which Iberostar do you think you will go to? We have booked this, leave in about 3 weeks. Have stayed at Iberostar Paraiso del mar, it was great.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal

It will either be the Paraiso Del Mar or the Tucan, both of which are 5 Golden Apple, all of the others are 6.

Glenview,Il
Level Contributor
288 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal

We took our chances,held our breath, and were quite happy with the results of the 6 Apple Square Deal that we took last spring. We ended up at Dreams and found it to be great. We did end up in the new section. We met great people and had a wonderful time. It is a slightly different experience then being closer to PDC but we were okay with that. We have been to Mexico about 10 times now and to Riviera Maya about 6 or 7 of those and have stayed at lotsof different places. The food at Dreams and the general dining experience was definitely better at Dreams then our experiences at Iberostar Maya, Riu Palace, and other places. We are hoping to be able to get on a Six Apple deal again this spring. The other response about ending up at Dreams or Secrets is probably true more often then not but these are not bad places. We met several other people at the airport who were also on Six Apple Deals and they were at Secrets. We haven't stayed there . Their reports made it sound like Secrets was probably a step above Dreams in some respects but the experiences sounded similar. If you read the forums enough you will hear experiences that range from horrible to incredible no matter which property you are looking at. The bottom line is that every experience is unique and a lot depends on the attitude that you bring to the beach. How bad can it be sitting in the sun, drinking whatever you want, meeting new people, and hopefully having fun. Some people could have a good time in a phone booth, while others would not be happy no matter what. If you are still scared call your agent and see if you can plunk down another $600-1000 and pick the hotel you really want. There is nothing wrong with that either. In any case good luck and let us know how your trip went

Charleston, WV
Level Contributor
468 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal

we did a 5 apple sq deal for the Riviera Maya area once and ended up at Dreams Tulum, did a 6 apple sq deal in cancun area and ended up at Dreams Cancun.... maybe its a trend. I would think it most likely you will end up at a "sunscape" hotel. If there is no one in your party under 21, you may get one of the adults only resorts though.

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal

I believe Apple has a corporate partnership with Dreams, Secrets and Sunscape so you'll most likely end up at one of those properties.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal

Not a big fan of paying for the unknown, regardless of the price involved.

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,704 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal

skier05,

I'm the same way...........I'll have to watch and see if PATTIE2787 writes a review.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
141 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal

Pattie2787,

We booked a 6 apple square deal 2 years ago and they sent us to Secrets Capri. We thought it was a great place. We even got an ocean view room. We went at the end of January. Good luck with your trip. Sometimes the unknown can be exciting. This way you can't read negative reviews about your place and get nervous beforehand!! Have fun....you're going to paradise!!

10. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 21:16