We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all inclusives with good food

Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
all inclusives with good food

We'd like to visit Riviera Maya in early June. We are looking for an AI with good food. This is something that we enjoy on vacation!

Toronto
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: all inclusives with good food

I'll be checking responses too! I must say that the (lack of) food quality is my #1 disappointment with the resorts we have stayed at in Mexico (Occidental Grand on Cozumel, Iberostar Lindo/Maya/Tucan/Quetsal on the Mayan).

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
710 posts
577 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: all inclusives with good food

Hi,

We went 2 years ago and stayed at Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun for 2 weeks excellence-resorts.com/all-inclusive-resorts

We cannot speak too highly of this place - about 5 (no, 6) restaurants and six or more bars, everything all inclusive, terrific food - quality and presentation, evening entertainment, lovely pools and a great resort.

We loved it so much we are going back next week - but to the new one they have opened north of Cancun Excellence Playa Mujeres. It's described as 5 start ultra all inclusive - not merely all inclusive, so we wait with baited breath to see if it's possible to be better than the one last time. If you are US based I believe that Apple vacations offer the best deals - as we are UK based, I use Blue Bay travel.

If you want to splash out, get a "swim up" room.

Chris

Hiawatha, Kansas
Level Contributor
854 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: all inclusives with good food

My husband and I have stayed at El Dorado Seaside three times and the food is great. I end up missing some of my favorite dishes after leaving. No buffets at this resort some people don't like this however it isn't something I miss. Also 24 hour room service is a plus, especially on mornings that you have tours scheduled.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
710 posts
577 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: all inclusives with good food

I should have added that Secrets Excellence are adults only resorts.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,625 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: all inclusives with good food

El Dorado Royale is rated 4 stars from AAA. It is known to have good food.

Also, Royal Hideaway is part of the leading small hotels in the world and is highly rated. The food is higher end.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: all inclusives with good food

Aventura Spa Palace and the Royal Hideaway both had good food.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: all inclusives with good food

The Iberostar Grand has great food. You can eat lobster or filet mignon all day if you want (also adults only)

long island, ny
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: all inclusives with good food

Secrets Capri had very nice food. the plating was beautiful. Most everyone is dressed and it is a more formal dinner feel.

We also stayed at xpu-ha palace a few years back and loved the fresh grilled jumbo prawns off the grill. They tasted awesome, no presentation and no atmosphere....but the taste...mmmmm so good

Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: all inclusives with good food

Thank you all for your input! I am going to look into your suggestions!

10. Re: all inclusives with good food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 03:19