We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone staying at bbge march 2nd-16th

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
265 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
anyone staying at bbge march 2nd-16th

3rd time lucky !

hello there ! myself , my wife and 10 month old daughter are staying in a suit frm the 2nd - 16th march . anyone else ? people on resort right now seem quite positive , so good news . anyone tell me when spring break is ? just wondering how busy the resort will be .

Somerset
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone staying at bbge march 2nd-16th

hi Buzzboy,

We too are going to the BBGE in early march (4-18) with our two children (1 & 7).

We are concerned about the comments posted early in January regarding poor quality. We have been on contact with First Choice who assure us that these have been resolved with extra staff.

We are also concerned about the size of the place. When we booked we were told it had 280 rooms, FC have now confirmed this is actually 980!

It would be great to hear the truth from someone who has been there this week as to the quality of service etc.

Maybe we will see you there.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
265 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone staying at bbge march 2nd-16th

andy

hows it going , where are these new rooms? we are the same as you , we thought the resort was what you saw in the brochure ! . weve heard nothing from first choice other than, the problems with the sea !have you tried google earth ? you can get a good view of the resort .but before the new rooms.any there are some great reviews lately , have you seem the one ,with all the menus written out ? looks pretty good .

Somerset
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone staying at bbge march 2nd-16th

hi Buzzboy

We've decided to go for it despite the poor reviews seen here. I have noticed a couple of good reviews posted today, which has helped cheer us up.

FC are hopeless, I pointed out the size of the resort to them on Friday and they say it's the first they knew of this. They are updating their brochure and website, which doesn't help us who booked for a small place. The seem tho think the hotel greq this large over the winter, which I find hard to believe.

Not sure where the new rooms are, I think they are set back from the beach up to 3/4 mile from what I have read here. Let's just jope FC have some pool side rooms for us !!

Also read about lobster in the restuarant, which has really made me feel good. Can't wait to get there now :-)

We are beginning to really look forward to our forthcoming holiday.

Might see you there

Andy

Somerset
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone staying at bbge march 2nd-16th

Buzzboy, just re-read your post. Where is the picture of the menus?

Can you post a link?

:-)

Andy

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
129 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone staying at bbge march 2nd-16th

Hi I just came home on the 25th of January after spending a week, if you reserved one of the suits that have your own private pool out in front of the building you should be very happy with those they looked like a lot of fun. Don't stress out about slow service and if you feel like it just get up and get your drink yourself saves alot of aggravation. It is what you make of your own vacation that is going to determine how much fun you have. My husband and I have a great time because we choose to overlook the slow service and the color of the beach water. The Resort was beautiful and the food was very nice especially the dinner buffet and specialty restaurants. (Steakhouse was our favorite)The new hotel rooms were open and truthfully I didn't really notice a big difference. The two new building's are quite a ways from the big pools and the beach and the breadfast and lunch buffet. Hope this helped

6. Re: anyone staying at bbge march 2nd-16th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 04:17