We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Adult Only resort

michigan
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Best Adult Only resort

What is the best Adult Only resort in the Riviera for the money,I know the Hideaway and Excellence rate out high but they are beyond our price range.Looking for an AO resort that is yet still fun,not stuffy and boring.

PA
Level Contributor
413 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Adult Only resort

The Iberostar Grand is THE best, but the Royal in Playa del Carmen will have the best price for an adults only AI.

Delaware
Level Contributor
349 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Adult Only resort

We like the Aventura Spa Palace in Puerto Aventura. It's all inclusive adults only. <www.palaceresorts.com> Check out their website. It will answer most of your questions. There are also pictures.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,418 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Adult Only resort

I seconf the Iberostar Grand.

The Aventura is a good resort, but no real beach...just man made lagoons. It depends on what is important to you.

NY
Level Contributor
656 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Adult Only resort

Adventura Spa Palace hands down. BEAUTIFUL, excellent food and service, great steaks, tons of amazing pools and space, just WONDERFUL.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,574 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Adult Only resort

If Excellence is out of your price range-AventuraSpa probably is too. The grand is FAR out of your range.

The Royal Playa del Carmen is consistently cheaper than excellence and is rated highly too. We are paying 2700 for a 7 night trip including air/transfers/taxes in October. Those rates tend to go up to around 3000-3500 depending on time of year.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Adult Only resort

I agree with all of the above answers. The Grand is the best but is priced as such. No resort has the amenities that it has. It is in a category all by itself. I think the Royal Playa Del Carmen would be the best option for you. It's a $5 (5 minute) ride to Playa Del Carmen too. The Adventura Spa Palace is rated good but too expensive for not having a real beach (JMO)Here's an aerial view of the Adventura Spa Palace. Click on the double arrow on the top right to see the rest of it.

www.locogringo.com/maps/tour/135a-t.html

You can see how the beach is set up. I think Excellence and Secrets Capri are priced higher than the Royal.

Chippewa Falls...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Adult Only resort

Hubby and I have stayed at Secrets Capri and LOVED LOVED LOVED it. We got a great price (land only) using vonwoo travel -- will send quotes through email.

Glenview,Il
Level Contributor
288 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Adult Only resort

We are going to the Valentin Imperial in a couple of weeks. It is brand new but the reviews are coming back overwhelmingly great. If you go to Bookit.com they have been selling it for 40% ofof list or $169p/p per night without airfare. That is much cheaper then most of the other places in the same caliber. Some that have stayed there have said it is close to being as good as Iberostar Grand. There is a lot more about it on the Playa del Carmen forum. Good luck !

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Pittsburgh, Cancun
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Adult Only resort

Aventura Spa Palace is an incredible adults only resort. The spa is rated #5 in the world, the pool #1 in the Riviera Maya, the service is second to none! Full beach and pool service (food and drinks). Beaches are manmade, but beautiful with lots of palpalas (spelling?) and lounges. They surround the crystal clear ocean fed lagoons where you can swim, kyack, snorkel or simply float around. Lots of fish to see when snorkeling and you can see and hear the ocean crashing on the coral reef that surrounds the lagoons. Also, lots to do at Aventura--7 restaurnts (no reservations), 24 hr. room service, 2 swim up bars, pool volleyball and pool entertainment in south pool, north pool is quieter, there is also a cross current pool (with waterfall) for exercise, 7 hot tubs, and a beautiful indoor pool with a cold water plunge beside it and 2 hottubs and a juce bar. There is a climbing wall, fitness trail, state of the arts gym, yoga hut and gardens, spinning, dive tank, lit tennis courts, basketball courts, beach volleyball, pool tables, bicycles. There is a great martini bar open until 2:00, several other bars, nightly entertainment, live music and dancing in the lobbies in the evening, piano bar in lobby, a disco open until 2:oo, golf at Moon Palace or Playacar. The rooms are beautiful and all have a large double jacuzzi that faces out to the ocean. There is free wireless. When you stay at one Palace Resort you can use any of the others (Palayacar Palace, Cozumel Palace, Isla Mujeures Palace, XpuHa Palace, Moon Palace, Beach Palace, Cancun Palace).

You also get free tours at Aventura Spa, like Chchen Itzu, Paradise Sail and Snorkel, and many others.

Aventura Spa is just such a beautiful, pampering, fun resort and I can not speak highly enough about it! Go to palaceresorts.com to check it out, I aslo have many pictures posted of Aventura here on TA. Also, if you are interested in going there, buying a week from a member saves you als most half on the purchase price plus many free perks. Any queestions just message me.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Pittsburgh, Cancun
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Adult Only resort

Sorry for all the spelling errors--I am in a hurry.