We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Was it good/bad to book a brand new resort??

Michigan
Level Contributor
513 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Was it good/bad to book a brand new resort??

Hi,

I just made a reservation to stay at the Azul View which is due to open in October 2008. We will be going Jan 31-Feb 7. For those of you who have taken the plunge and were among to go in the first few months of an opening of a new resort, what were your experiences? I've read some, but I wondered if you thought 3 months after opening gives them sufficient time to "work out the bugs". I jumped at it because the price is reasonable and it's a Karisma resort who have a good reputation.

Thanks!

WJW
Hinckley,Ohio
Level Contributor
526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Was it good/bad to book a brand new resort??

Hi, We are booked at View Jan 11th -18th, this is the 4th new resort I've stayed at, I've been to Royal Hideaway, Secret's Capri, Barcelo Colonial all about 2 months after opening things were perfectly fine by then,and the prices were unbelieveable,I would never pay what those resorts are asking now,I would never go the first week, but after a month they have it together.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Was it good/bad to book a brand new resort??

This year I vacationed at 2 new resorts. The EdenH resort in Punta Cana was open less than a month when we stayed and the H10 Ocean Coral in Riviera Maya was open about 6 weeks when we stayed. We had a great time at both resorts. Nothing like new rooms, linens and dishes. We went because of the excellant pricing on both resorts. Reading reviews on both resorts, sounds like some people had some problems but our experiences were terrific.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Michigan
Level Contributor
513 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Was it good/bad to book a brand new resort??

Thanks, guys! I'm sure all will be fine..maybe a few bumps but nothing that a Mojito can't fix (they have a mojito bar...OMG!!)

Plus I feel confident because it's a Karisma property and they have a solid background.

Be sure to post a review WJW since we're going right after you!

Chicago Il.
Level Contributor
293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Was it good/bad to book a brand new resort??

Hi,

We stayed at the Iberostar Lindo 2 months after it opened and it was Great. We are going to the Grand Riviera Princess in 3 weeks , it just opened in December, there have been mixed reviews,but for the price I paid for my family of 4 I'm not going to complain about much. We also booked the View . We are going to be ther in January. Like you and WJW, I jumped on it because of the great pricing they were offering. The fact that it is a Karisma resort helped also. If you read the reviews of the Azul Blue, most people rave about the Azul Brand. We all should have no worries by the time we go.

Mike

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
854 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Was it good/bad to book a brand new resort??

Hi,

We just stayed at the Edenh in punta cana a month after it opened and I hate to say it we did not enjoy our stay at all. We had a lot of problems starting from check-in to room and everything in between. I did like the way the room and beds and linens were so new and fresh. I am sure you will be fine, it is 3 months after. good luck

California
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Was it good/bad to book a brand new resort??

Hi,

How did you book Azul View? I tryed their web reservation and it doesn't seem to be working.

It just says "no rooms available" no matter what dates I put in!

Thanks

WJW
Hinckley,Ohio
Level Contributor
526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Was it good/bad to book a brand new resort??

I had problems a couple times with the website too, I booked with Applevacations but you can call 1-866-Karisma and the price should be $360 per night she said the discount rate is only until May,this is the least expensive room.

Michigan
Level Contributor
513 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Was it good/bad to book a brand new resort??

We booked ours through Traveloni via Funjet from Detroit. They give you a 5% rebate. Our total with air, all inclusive and a nonstop transfer for 7 nights and it is just over $3,400. The service from Traveloni was excellent (so far anyway!!)

Mike,

When in January are you going?

WJW
Hinckley,Ohio
Level Contributor
526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Was it good/bad to book a brand new resort??

Hey Mike! I booked thru doylestowntravel.com they discount too!But this is the first time I have ever used them so I don't like to recommend anything untill "the fat lady sings" so far so good here too!Are you guys going to be there when we are 11-18th?

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Was it good/bad to book a brand new resort??

Hello! I am researching on places to go, can you tell me how I can get some information on the Azul View?

Thanks!!!