We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Topless at Secrets Maroma Beach?

New Jersey
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Topless at Secrets Maroma Beach?

Is it acceptable to go topless at both the pools and the beach at Secrets Maroma Beach?

Virginia
Level Contributor
93 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Topless at Secrets Maroma Beach?

I hope it is. I'll be topless..

..but I'm a guy! :)

I've been to several resorts in Mexico and it is never a problem. Mostly done at the beach though.

Aliso Viejo, CA
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Topless at Secrets Maroma Beach?

I've seen people topless at the beaches, but not at the pools.

Austin
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Topless at Secrets Maroma Beach?

I hope so!! I hate tan lines ;D

Since this is an adult only resort I don't see why not. But there are always the angry women that I have to look out for! haha

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
129 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Topless at Secrets Maroma Beach?

This will be our third trip to a Secrets resort and we have always seen topless women - mostly at the beach. I'm sure you will not have any problems (at least in the beach area)!

Neenah, WI
Level Contributor
323 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Topless at Secrets Maroma Beach?

I would not think the beach would be a problem. I personally would prefer not to have topless women hanging around by like the swim up bar or pool area. Who knows I might not care when I am down there.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Topless at Secrets Maroma Beach?

You may want to hang on the beach. That is where I will venture if I feel like going topless. No harm done, no one will care. Just relax.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Topless at Secrets Maroma Beach?

All of the AIs that I have been to in Mexico, even adults only, usually have signs posted around the pool (sometimes you have to look to see them) about no topless sunbathing in the pool area. I am neither against it or for it, it's a matter of personal choice, but being a woman I prefer not to have someone else's ta-tas in my face while I am sitting at the swim up bar in the pool.

I'm just sayin' :-)

Beechluver

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Topless at Secrets Maroma Beach?

I just got back from SMB yesterday (8/26). I didn't see anyone sunbathing topless at SMB, but occationally some would walk by. It seemed accepted, but not the norm. I actually saw one women put her top on as she walked in front of SMB, and then take it back off after she got past it. I think there were too many cameras.

Directly next door at the Catalonia Resort, there were quite a few topless sunbathers and swimmers. The people there seemed more seasoned and less touristy.

9. Re: Topless at Secrets Maroma Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 09:28