We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Lindo or Dreams Tulum or ? (Family Vacation)

Huahine, French...
Level Contributor
755 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Lindo or Dreams Tulum or ? (Family Vacation)

Hi fellow TA members.

Need your help in choosing an upscale family AI along the Riviera Maya. Usually plan months in advance but just decided recently to go for a quick new year trip before a hectic working season. Have never been to Mexico before other than Tijuana (not even Cabo). Usually go to Hawaii or Caribean for tropical vacation but wanted to try something in Mexico.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Lindo or Dreams Tulum or ? (Family Vacation)

You can't go wrong with Iberostar Lindo! We were there 2 yrs ago and it was fabulous.. amazing pool.. fabulous beach.. and a overall wonderful family resort. There is something there for everyone..

Take a look at my profile and read my review..

Have a great trip.

Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions.

Dawn

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,718 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Lindo or Dreams Tulum or ? (Family Vacation)

we were looking at dreams tulum and read that the govt shut it down for lack of permits??? anywho...do a search on here...i read the explanation on here a couple days ago...

Spencerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Lindo or Dreams Tulum or ? (Family Vacation)

The one thing to remember about Dreams is it is a pretty good drive form the airport. Iberostar is only about a 25-30 minute drive whereas dreams may be over an hour to an hour and a half- something to think about with kids definitely! And the Lindo is VERY family oriented!

Huahine, French...
Level Contributor
755 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Lindo or Dreams Tulum or ? (Family Vacation)

Thanks for the responses.

I have friends who've been going to Iberostar Lindo for the past 2 yrs that tout it. So including your input, it very much looks like a hit with families.

When I try to book it [2 adults, 2 kids (4,1)], it won't let me and says their rooms don't accomodate more than 3. Is there a glitch (being a family resort)?

As for Dreams Tulum, I was drawn to it because it was close to the scenic ruins and it seemed more intimate, smaller ?

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Lindo or Dreams Tulum or ? (Family Vacation)

Def the Lindo great family resort have fun!!!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Lindo or Dreams Tulum or ? (Family Vacation)

Dreams Tulum is indeed open! A post just appeared this morning you may be interested in ...

Here is the thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150813-i155-k2373…

I have been to both the Lindo and Dreams Tulum. I like Dreams Tulum better because of the size and managability of getting around the resort and the beach and being able to swim.

At the Lindo I found many red flag days and the layout of the resort was so large it was not as easy to get around ...

Here is a map for Dreams Tulum

good-times.webshots.com/album/560171357arEDdw

this album also has their newsletter the SUNdial that shows the various activities and more..

Hope this is helpful!

Happy Choosing

and

Happy Travels1

bb/mt

Huahine, French...
Level Contributor
755 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Lindo or Dreams Tulum or ? (Family Vacation)

Thanks baltobabe.

Now I'm in a pickle.

I like that fact that Dreams Tulum doesn't require reservations for the a la carte restaurants.

And I'm also considering a third choice:

Barcelo Maya Palace.

It's newer and the kids' club and kids' water park as well as the giant-size pools look fabulous. But I've read comments re rough-sand beach (ie pebbles & shells).

I'm going to make a decision by tomorrow..in order to give my family a happy thought on Thanksgiving ;-)

Ottawa
Level Contributor
310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Lindo or Dreams Tulum or ? (Family Vacation)

While I haven't been to the Barcelo Maya Palace I don't think you would be dissapointed with the pool facilities at the Lindo. The main pool is quite large and you have a lazy (very lazy) river and wave pool. The wave pool only runs for about 10 minutes each hour but is fun and the rest of the time it is a very good pool for the little kids because of the shallow entry. You also have access to the Beach/Del Mar pool which is also quite big (about 1000feet long) and only a short walk away.

I can't help but think that you would probably be happy with any of the hotels you have mentioned already.

cleveland, ohio
Level Contributor
252 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Lindo or Dreams Tulum or ? (Family Vacation)

My husband and I stayed at the Lindo 2 years ago and loved it. Last year for spring break we tried to book it for our family of four. Because it was spring break they would not allow more than 3 people per room.

They couldn't guarantee adjoining rooms. We ended up going to Marina El Cid (Wouldn't recommend it). If you are not going over spring break you might want to call a travel agent and see if they will accommodate you at the Lindo. It was a fantastic place.

United States
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Lindo or Dreams Tulum or ? (Family Vacation)

Have you made a decision? Iberostar rooms usually accomodate 4 very comfortably. Call a travel agent to get the booking that you want. There is plenty of availability, even for school break weeks. There are tons of great deals out now. Travel agents know

how to get them (I am one so i know). I have a few families who like Grand Palladium and they are offering great deals too. The Iberostar location is great, as someone else said. THere ar also great deals out for the AZUL hotels. THese are fantastic 5 star properties with gourmet food they call "Gourmet Inclusive". All dinners are a la carte. The newest properties like AZUL FIVES are designed for families. Let us know what you decide!