We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - Lindo, Tucan, Sirenis, Palladium or Riu Yucatan

Calgary
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help - Lindo, Tucan, Sirenis, Palladium or Riu Yucatan

Hi,

My fiance and I are planning on getting married in Nov 2009. We are choosing between Iberostar Lindo, Iberostar Tucan, Sirenis Mayan Resort, Grand Palladium Kantenah and Riu Yucatan.

Any advice/pros and cons of any one of the resorts?

JO

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
711 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - Lindo, Tucan, Sirenis, Palladium or Riu Yucatan

Hi,

We were married at the tucan in feb 04 and i would do it all over again there... they made it perfect. i would be happy to answer any questions.. good luck

uk
Level Contributor
597 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - Lindo, Tucan, Sirenis, Palladium or Riu Yucatan

Bear in mind that at the palladium you can only use half of the resorts facilities if you are not in the royal section.

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,489 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - Lindo, Tucan, Sirenis, Palladium or Riu Yucatan

I have seen 2 weddings during my stay at Grand Sirenis at look pretty impressive. Also the hotel is one of the better I ever stayed. Personally I would stay away from Riu.

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - Lindo, Tucan, Sirenis, Palladium or Riu Yucatan

to me its between the Iberostar Lindo and the pallidum both are great resorts.

pros for the Pallidum great beach on of the best and calm water food was also great.

cons i would say its a 5 star and the Iberostar Lindo is a 6.

pros on the Lindo great food 24 hr room service and use of the other resorts except the Grand.

cons not as nice beach water alot rougher.

both are great resorts we saw alot of weddings at the Pallidum we where at this resort before the white sands was added so iam sure it different If you have any questions ask good luck

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help - Lindo, Tucan, Sirenis, Palladium or Riu Yucatan

I have a comment re. Grand Palladium - you can use all the resort except the part that are Royal Suites that is hidden on the far side of the property and since the property is really huge people usually do not get there at all. The resort is beautiful, with the great food and entertainment - every night there is a band playing at the beach club and some kind of show is happening at two theaters with the time gap in between so you can attend both and a few types of the life music is performed in the lobbies (and there are 4 of them) - so you get the puctire. All of it is open for everyone regardless of what part of the hotel are you staying at - there are 4 hotels in one complex plus Royal suites part. The food is delicious. I travel extensively and so far it was the best food (that equals to Riu Tequila). The downside of the Palladium is that some parts of the beach is very rocky in the water (fine sand on the outside part of the beach but rocky on the ocean bottom part when you get in the water) but on the other side they have the most developed pools system and a free of charge spa facilities (except special treatments and massages).

Iberostar Tucan and Riu Yucatan are located in the Playacar area and all the hotels there have suffered significant beach erosion that is getting better in some parts and getting worse in other parts. There is a message on the Playa Del Carmen forum that Sandos Playacar beach has recently lost a huge amount of the beach with the steep drop off from the shore now and as Iberostar Tucan is the hotel next door and Riu Yucatan is the next one after that I suspect that the situation might be the same over there. Iberostar Lindo might be OK as it is located on a different beach and it usually gets very good reviews.

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help - Lindo, Tucan, Sirenis, Palladium or Riu Yucatan

I forgot to add that I have seen a few weddings at the Palladium. They have a very nice setting for it - a white Greek-style marble gazebo on the beach - I liked the style - there are some picture on the internet to see it I found one here:

…blogspot.com/2008/03/new-wedding-photos-gra…

Good luck with the wedding!

7. Re: Help - Lindo, Tucan, Sirenis, Palladium or Riu Yucatan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2009, 21:27