We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mayan Riviera? Looking for GREAT hotel on beach + near Ruins

nj
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mayan Riviera? Looking for GREAT hotel on beach + near Ruins

I'm considering visiting the mayan riviera in june and i'm looking for a 4 or 5 star resort on the beach (soft sand) that's near anything historical/the mayan ruins etc.

Anyone recommend anything please? Is Barceló Maya Beach near the ruins?

thank you!

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mayan Riviera? Looking for GREAT hotel on beach + near Ruins

The Barcelo is about 25 min from the ruins check out the Grand Pallidum also both are great resorts ,if you are going in june you will want to go with the Tropical/colonial section of the Barcelo the Maya beach section does not have A/C buffets it will be real hot then.The Pallidum has A/C.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mayan Riviera? Looking for GREAT hotel on beach + near Ruins

I would highly recommend the Palladium. Check out the Palladium Addict.com and click onto the Mayan Riviera site. You may have to register but there is no cost and never any solicitation. You can see pics, view the webcam of the beach, see menus, etc.

nj
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mayan Riviera? Looking for GREAT hotel on beach + near Ruins

thank you

i'm not sure which resort you are recommending though...there are a bunch of them, right? is this the one?

Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa All Inclusive

CTRA. CHETUMAL-PUERTO JUAREZ KM 256-100- MPIO. SOLIDARIDAD

CANCUN, ROO 77710

Riviera Maya: Puerto Aventuras

That's what appeared in travelocity when I searched. Confused as to why it says Cancun and then underneath Riviera Maya: Puert Avent. Aren't they two separate locations?

thank you!! :)

Sugarland
Level Contributor
184 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mayan Riviera? Looking for GREAT hotel on beach + near Ruins

Yeah, posters need to be more specific as to which resort they recommend. The Grand Palladium is a complex that comprises of:

Grand Palladium Colonial

Grand Palladium White Sand

Grand Palladium Kantenah

Grand Palladium Riviera

You can look at the resort reviews and decide for yourself which one is best for you.

Location wise, the Grand Palladium complex is located in Puertos Aventuras, which is about 20 minutes south of Playa del Carmen and 25 minutes north of Tulum. Barcelo Maya complex is in the same area.

nj
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mayan Riviera? Looking for GREAT hotel on beach + near Ruins

thank you!

i also want to stay away from any big party areas....i like nightlife but i don't want to be around tons of partying teenagers/20 yr olds...

Sugarland
Level Contributor
184 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mayan Riviera? Looking for GREAT hotel on beach + near Ruins

You're welcome. You won't get the really rowdy crowds down this way, but still within reach of PDC for some nightlife.

Check out the Barcelo complex too (in order of oldest to newest): Beach/Caribe, Colonial/Tropical, and Palace. Palace is the most luxurious of all, ie, most expensive.

From this area, you can visit Tulum or head east at Tulum and go to Coba.

Good luck ..

Sugarland
Level Contributor
184 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mayan Riviera? Looking for GREAT hotel on beach + near Ruins

I meant "head west of Tulum" to Coba ...

8. Re: Mayan Riviera? Looking for GREAT hotel on beach + near Ruins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 00:16