We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re: Aventura Palace

Margate, Florida
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Re: Aventura Palace

Has anyone stayed at the Aventura Palace and if so what was your impression?

Delray
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Re: Aventura Palace

Is that near the Aventura Mall?

Sw Ohio
Level Contributor
893 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Re: Aventura Palace

Beautiful resort! Aventura Spa Palace is large and consists of a South and North side. Both sides are currently adults only but starting sometime (I believe April or later) the South side will become family friendly. The north side is still very good sized with excellent restaurants and a huge pool. ASP has an amazing spa which is also on the north side. Anyone staying on the adults only side will be able to go to the south side and enjoy their facilities and restaurants but no kids will be allowed over on the north side.

ASP has excellent food, top-shelf drinks and the service is great! You won't be disappointed. There is no beach at the ocean/sea but there is a lagoon area with a beach where you can sun bathe, snorkel and swim.

Canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Re: Aventura Palace

Been twice, great food & drinks. Many bars, disco & numerous a la cartes, 2 buffets none which require a reservation except the italian, book the night b4 as it's not very big but very popular. The only thing disappointing was the large conventions that would come in & take over the bars & restaurants, so service was much slower bcs of them & you had to go early if you wanted to get in the restaurants. That said everything else was amazing, spa is beautiful & one can use the eucalyptus steam bath jacussi etc with no charge or limitations. Room service was 24 hours & I had no problem getting a bottle of wine sent up with my meal. Free excursions included, shuttle to playa Del Carmen & there is a sister palace resort (Playacar Palace) where you can use all their amenities . We shoppped then went to Playacar Palace (within walking distance) & had some drinks & food b4 our trip back to Aventura. All in all, I don't think you can go wrong with picking Aventura unless you are a beach person or don't like children around (as its been mentioned the south side will be family friendly which means if you use the amenities on that side there will be kids)

Northern California
Level Contributor
626 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Re: Aventura Palace

ASP is heaven on earth. Just read the reviews and look at all the pics. There is no actual beach though, but the rest of the place makes up for it. They are going 1/2 adults and 1/2 families this spring - north side is adults only, south is families.

I did send you a PM. If you have any questions, just ask.

LTP

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
137 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Re: Aventura Palace

We got back a month ago and the resort is fantastic!! We were celebrating our 25th Anniv. and is was perfect for us. We travel frequently and this was one of the cleanest ever.Staff was constantly cleaning. They even cleaned the chrome railings on the balcony so there were no fingerprints. Room service was fantastic (anything you like and the coffee is great!!!) We stayed by the labyrinth, it is a zen kind of walking path with green shrubs and well manicured and it was so peaceful to start my day out that way. Crocheted hammocks on the balcony were wonderful...Staff ALWAYS friendly and the service at the pools was amazing. The palapas were all hand made and we loved sitting under them when the sun was hot. I am a little sad that they are going family friendly because we LOVED the peace and quiet but it is a huge property and that should be OK - I would Highly recommend it to anyone. The pools at night lit up are georgeous!!!!!!

College Station, TX
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Re: Aventura Palace

Just got back on Thursday. It was nice. It is a big complex and we stayed on the South end which was older. Still nice, but you could tell it was an older hotel. If you want to go to the dinner restaurants on the north side it's quite a trek from one end to another.

It doesn't have a beach per say but 2 private inlets with man made beaches and snorkeling available. Close to Playa which is good.

Drinks and food are pretty good.

The staff is extremely accomodating and very friendly. Be prepared to say Hola to everyone!

I stayed at Secrets Capri which was newer and amazing so this was a little more "budget" than Secrets but still nice. Has indoor pools and fitness room, nice spa, obstacle course and rock climbing wall. You can check out bikes to explore the whole property.

7. Re: Re: Aventura Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 08:19