My fiance and I would like to get married in Riviera Maya. The reviews on this site have been very helpful, but I'm hoping for some more pointed feedback about which resorts are best for holding a wedding. I do have some specific things I would like a resort to offer, but not all are required. They include:
- All inclusive
- Well-organized wedding coordinator/staff
- Allow kids (desired, but not required)
- Nice beach (not rocky)
- Well appointed, but not looking to break the bank
- Would prefer a free wedding option
- Outdoor ceremony
- Private ceremony (don't want the whole beach to watch)
- Some resorts have "swim-up" suites, love those (desired, not required)
- Not in Cancun
We are targeting January 2010 for the wedding and will go for 7 nights. Our guest roster is expected to be about 20-30 people. We will not shy away from the four- and five-star resorts, but again, we are not looking to break the bank. We will look at anything right now.
Would greatly appreciate any feedback or insight you can provide regarding great resorts in Riviera Maya for a wedding. Thank you.