We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - Want to Get Married in Riviera Maya

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Help - Want to Get Married in Riviera Maya

My fiance and I would like to get married in Riviera Maya. The reviews on this site have been very helpful, but I'm hoping for some more pointed feedback about which resorts are best for holding a wedding. I do have some specific things I would like a resort to offer, but not all are required. They include:

- All inclusive

- Well-organized wedding coordinator/staff

- Allow kids (desired, but not required)

- Nice beach (not rocky)

- Well appointed, but not looking to break the bank

- Would prefer a free wedding option

- Outdoor ceremony

- Private ceremony (don't want the whole beach to watch)

- Some resorts have "swim-up" suites, love those (desired, not required)

- Not in Cancun

We are targeting January 2010 for the wedding and will go for 7 nights. Our guest roster is expected to be about 20-30 people. We will not shy away from the four- and five-star resorts, but again, we are not looking to break the bank. We will look at anything right now.

Would greatly appreciate any feedback or insight you can provide regarding great resorts in Riviera Maya for a wedding. Thank you.

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - Want to Get Married in Riviera Maya

Check out the Barcelo resort they have a little chaple on the beach .The beach there is beautiful also check out the Pallidum resorts they have the same options plus an adult section.(The royal suits by pallidum) both to me have the best beaches in the Riveria.Hpoe this helped.

jd413
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - Want to Get Married in Riviera Maya

Have you been to the forum on www.bestdestinationwedding.com?

I planned my Puerto Vallarta wedding in 2007 and that site was extremely helpful. Lots of ladies are on there that have planned or are planning their Mexico weddings.

Congrats!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,932 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - Want to Get Married in Riviera Maya

Can't help you with a specific resort recommendation but do have a couple of pointers:

- it's going to be tricky to get a "private" ceremony. If you're on the beach or at any public area on any resort, you may end up with some "gawkers". Personally, so long as they stay out of the way for your photographs, I wouldn't worry about them. As a "gawker" to a wedding on Akumal Beach last year, I can tell you that we're all swooning over the romaticism of a beach wedding and reliving our own "special day". If you really want your ceremony to be private, I'd politely suggest that you look into hiring a private room or something that the other resort guests can successfully be kept out of;

- remember the time of year and just how hot Mexico can be when you select your dress and your groom selects his outfit. In Puerto Vallarta my heart went out to a groom and his four groomsmen sweltering in 110 degree HUMID heat whilst dressed in tuxes. The bride's hair and make-up wasn't holding up too well in that heat/humidity either! If you're getting married on the beach, those sexy 6" Manolos may look fabulous but you might find walking on the sand in them a tad tricky.

Hope this helps and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
725 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - Want to Get Married in Riviera Maya

We were married at the Iberostar tucan and i recommend it, Our wedding cordinator was wonderful and extremely helpful and handled everything. We were married in the jungle setting and it was private and BEAUTIFUL. We then went to the beach for pictures. If you have any other questions just ask me but i did say it was great.

5. Re: Help - Want to Get Married in Riviera Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 05:28