We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for an upscale all-inclusive resort to get married

Toronto
6 posts
Save Topic
Looking for an upscale all-inclusive resort to get married

We are planning to get married in Mayan Rivera in 2010. We are looking for an upscale, luxury resort with a beautiful beach (very important) a great ceremony spot either on the beach, beautiful wedding gazebo or a chapel and a great outdoor reception. Please send us you recommendations.

Thanks

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for an upscale all-inclusive resort to get married

Will you have children attending?

Toronto
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for an upscale all-inclusive resort to get married

At this time we are looking for an adults only resort. However, suggestions on family resorts would be great too as things can change fast :)

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for an upscale all-inclusive resort to get married

Depending on your definition of beautiful beach (does it need to be calm water, great for long walks) there are a few resorts I would suggest you look into. And I also believe that "luxury" can be a somewhat subjective term.

Iberostar Grand is very luxurious and on a pretty beach but the water can be rough and the shoreline rocky. We did see two weddings there and they were both very pretty.

Secrets Maroma has a lovely beach and is a new and lovely resort. Not as opulent or luxurious as The Grand but very nice and a great beach. Reviews are a bit inconsistent so you might to read through them all.

As for reception locations, the resorts have different rules on that (I set up destination weddings so have learned quite a bit about it working with various resorts).

LeBlanc is a true luxury resort and the weddings I have seen there are beautiful and have been more creative and unique in how they are set up. They do have a lovely outdoor area for receptions and an extremely competitive in what they offer. And, if it is too pricey for everyone, other guests can opt for less expensive Palace resorts and still come to your ceremony and reception for a fixed fee.

As for resorts that are truly luxury and allow kids, that is more difficult.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,178 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for an upscale all-inclusive resort to get married

Secrets Maroma Beach Resort. To die for! When we were there we saw a few weddings going on -- done in a 1st class way. What a way to get married! Hang in the pool during the day and get married in the early evening -- couldn't get much better than that!!

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for an upscale all-inclusive resort to get married

There have been many reviews of wonderful weddings at the Iberostar Grand and the beach is beautiful. Like Caviargirl said though the water can be rough. Many went swimming anyway but some want calmer water. Read the reviews and check out the "travelers photos" located at the top right of the first review page. There are pages of pictures. The Grand has 120 ocean front rooms and you don't get any closer to the ocean than that. They are right on the beach. The Grand is next door to 4 family Iberostar resorts (Maya, Lindo, Paraiso Beach and Del Mar) for any family members with children. You'd be able to go to all 4 resorts and use there facilities if you wanted to (they wouldn't be allowed at the Grand). The Grand was recently voted the #1 Best Luxury Resort in the Caribbean and Mexico by the 2009 Travelers Choice Awards (4th Best for Romance in the world)

Toronto
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for an upscale all-inclusive resort to get married

Any comments on Valentin Imperial Maya?

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for an upscale all-inclusive resort to get married

I would suggest reading the last 10 to 15 reviews of it. The reviews have gone down recently. They have cut back on a lot of amenities too that they had when they first opened. They're cutting corners I guess. I haven't been but there have been many posts about it.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for an upscale all-inclusive resort to get married

I agree that you should read the reviews on the Valentin. They are not nearly as consistent as The Grand.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
695 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for an upscale all-inclusive resort to get married

I was married at the Iberostar Tucan and i have to say I would not have asked for a more beautiful wedding. And this hotel is not one of the iberostar's top of the line. I also stayed at the iberostar lindo which is in the complex with the iberostar grand and i have seen weddings there and they were once again beautiful. i really recommend the iberostar chain. They go out of there way to please you and your guests. My wedding was perfect in every way. GOOD LUCK

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for an upscale all-inclusive resort to get married

WeddingRm,

I would also recommend looking into the Excellence Riviera Cancun (ERC) and Excellence Playa Mujeres (EPM) try the Puerto Morleos fourm for ERC and Playa Mujeres forum for EPM.

We really enjoyed our trip last year to ERC and have booked a return with Excellence just don't know which one yet will be finding out wednesday and there in one week. We booked kind of a supirse deal.

Anyway I think these resort will meet your needs. I liked the beach at ERC some don't so check out the pictures. I have heard the beach at EPM is better. I think the location may be better at ERC as far as proximity to other attractions as it is south of Cancun by about a half hour and EPM is north by about a half hour.

We felt the rooms, food, service, drinks etc were all top notch and it wasn't stuffy it was people relaxing and having a good time. If you wanted a bit of a party you could find other for that two.

Very romantic.

Anyway its worth checking out. It is our favourite and we have stayed at Sandals Grande in Ocho Rios twice and for different reasons we loved ERC.