We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me choose the right resort

Virginia
10 posts
Save Topic
Please help me choose the right resort

Highest priority is a beautiful swimable beach, and good food. I do not want to have to wear water shoes or worry about lots of rocks or seaweed.

I cannot do lots of walking so it neds to be either a samll to medium place that it is easy to walk around OR have good golf cart or tram transportation so walking is kept to a minimum.

Price isnt a huge consideration.

It doesnt matter that much if it adults only as we (husband and I) will be going at a time of year when the kids are in school.

Thanks so much.

Soy La Pesera
Taxis & Shuttles
Caribe Viaggi
Dolphin & Whale Watching, Taxis & Shuttles, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours, Archaeology Tours
cleveland
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help me choose the right resort

Hi there check out the Grand Pallidum Kantenah or the Barcelo Tropical/colonial/palace resort both have beautiful beaches and beautiful calm water.The barcelo is a large resort but have cartes to take you around.The Pallidium is smaller but has a new section called the White Sands so iam sure they have cartes to get around now.This resort has a adult only section called the Royal Suits by Pallidum.The Pallidum is more tropical than the Barcelo and has alot of wildlife to look at.Both are great but my first choice wold be Pallidum!

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help me choose the right resort

Secrets Maroma (All inclusive)or Maroma Resort and Spa (not AI and quite pricey) should be looked at. Maroma beach is said to be one of the best in the world and certainly among the best in Cancun\Riviera Maya area.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,068 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help me choose the right resort

For a smaller resort on a nice beach, you might check out El Dorado Maroma. Lots of reviews so you can see if it appeals. We visited the resort and found it to be intimate and charming - but we prefer small resorts and do not require a lot of activities or nightlife. Rooms in the new section are more luxurious if that matters.

We stayed at Barcelo and did a LOT of walking as the resort is huge. We did not see golf carts taking guests around so perhaps this is a service you have to request.

Virginia
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help me choose the right resort

I had picked out El Dorado Maroma as the perfect place and still think it looks wonderful, but there are 2 things that concerned me and maybe you can answer them:

1) husband loves to sail and does it every day on vacation. Does EDM have sailboats for free use as part of the all-inclusive?

2) several reviews I read mentioned that the beach right at the resort is so shallow that you cannot walk out farther than thigh high in the water.....and that if you want to actually swim you need to go past the marina. Not what I wanted to hear.

Thanks for any help......

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,068 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help me choose the right resort

We did not stay there so I am not sure.

There is a marina next door with lots of water sports options but not sure what the resort provides free. Perhaps email them to ask directly if the info is not on the resort website.

As for shallow water, I have noticed this on many beaches in this area, that one must walk out pretty far to reach deep water. Maybe a PM to someone who has recently stayed there would be helpful.

Good luck!

ohio
Level Contributor
93 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help me choose the right resort

My vote would be for Secrets Maroma. We did not do a lot of walking it's one of the higher priced places but it's much more affordable now. The food was great. Beautiful beach, no rocks.

7. Re: Please help me choose the right resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2009, 06:22