We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Better All Inclusive with older kids

nj
Level Contributor
71 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Better All Inclusive with older kids

We have been to Riviera Maya many times and have had a good time. We are looking for something a little different.

We have been to Iberostar Lindo 4 times and liked many things about it including the food. The last time we noticed the water was no longer nice and clean and the rocks became an issue getting in and out of the water.

So, we are looking for a really nice hotel, good beach (with shade) and good food. We prefer restaurants at night not the buffets. We will have our kids 22, 20 & 17 boys.

Sounds like a tall order but would love to hear suggestions.

Thanks,

B

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Better All Inclusive with older kids

Have you looked into the Barcelo resort,or the Grand Pallidum both of these are wonderful.If you look into the Barcelo go with the Tropical/colonial or the palace sections you get more options.They have a club called the jaguar club/disco.Both of these resorts have a fantastic beach you can snorkel right off of and the water is nice and calm.Good luck!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Better All Inclusive with older kids

I suggest the Paradisus Riviera Cancun - great resort with a long stretch of pretty beach, great pools, and we really enjoyed the food.

We have also stayed at Barcelo Palace and preferred service at Paradisus as well as location and size of the resort.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Better All Inclusive with older kids

If you want a lot of shade on the beach then I wouldn't stay at Barcelo. Many people have said that there are no palapas on the beach and a limited number of them around the pool. There are palm trees on the beach but you have to keep moving your chair. Grand Palladium has a great beach and have read that you can now eat a la carte every night if you want to.

Suburbs of Philly
Level Contributor
294 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Better All Inclusive with older kids

I think you and your boys would really enjoy a trip to Dreams Tulum. It’s a fantastic resort located in the Rivera Maya on a beautiful beach. The resort offers so many activities; you won’t know where to begin - snorkeling, movies on the beach, the fire and drum show, dance lessons and beach volleyball.

The food is also great (eight restaurants). They offer a wide variety from French to Japanese to Italian. I believe there is a new quick service stop called Coco Café. I hope you enjoy your vacation!

5. Re: Better All Inclusive with older kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2009, 06:18