We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentin or Catalonia Royal Tulum??

Tupelo, MS
Level Contributor
209 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Valentin or Catalonia Royal Tulum??

We can't pick between the two for an August trip. We prefer a great beach over pool and prefer good food over entertainment. Please help!

atlanta
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentin or Catalonia Royal Tulum??

I can probably recommend the Catalonia if you are adults. The beach is wonderful. I have walked it when I stayed at the Xpu-ha palace some years back. I am going to be at the resort in two days so I would be happy to report back. I also read the reviews here on trip advisor and overall it has great reviews. Most think the food is really good and you don't need reservations at the specialty restaurants ! The price is right too !! I don't know anything about your other choic the valentin, sorry.

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentin or Catalonia Royal Tulum??

Hi I was at the Royal Tulum last year they have great food,As for entertainment that wasnt that great,its a small resort!!the one thing I didnt care for is no landscape it all jungle the rooms are dark and you dont have to much to look at unless you are on the top floor and you look over everthing.Take bug spray!!!I have not been to the Valentine but it is new they have ocean view rooms etc.Have you looked into any of the Secrets resorts?We got a great deal for Oct ant the Silversands 675.00pp for 8 days flight and all.Another adult only is the Royal suits by Pallidum they are near the Cat and have the same kind of beach.Good luck there are alot of good deals out there.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentin or Catalonia Royal Tulum??

If you prefer a great beach over great pools like you say then I wouldn't go to Secrets Silversands. Most say the beach isn't good and some say it's not swimmable. Secrets Maroma has a beautiful beach but is probably a lot more money.

4. Re: Valentin or Catalonia Royal Tulum??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2009, 05:43