We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with adult only all inclusives!!!!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Need help with adult only all inclusives!!!!

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are trying to book a vacation for the second week in July. We are currently looking into Cancun/Playa Riviera areas.

This is what we are looking for: (not necessarily in that order)

- Good beach, with swimming and pools, as well

- Good food and a variety of it

- Swim up bar

- Entertainment options

- All inclusive

- Comfortable rooms

- Adult only

- Some activities

- Fairly newer resorts

- Good service

Overall, we just want to relax and enjoy the vacation. After reading reviws for some of the resorts that we liked, we are getting nervous: Reviews about Excellence say that there is rusty water, Aventure Spa Palace does not have a beach, Secrets have had maintenance issues and etc....

We understand that when you travel, there are certain mishaps that could happen. Food is also something that is hard to please everyone, but rusty water and not clean environment or room with mold, is something that causes alarm.

We ideally would like to spend up to $1500 per person for a week.

Please help!

Thank you!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with adult only all inclusives!!!!

Does your budget include air? If not, you might need to see which resorts will fit into your budget.

Secrets and Excellence both meet your needs and you might also check Valentin and Sun Palace.

IMO, you will not find perfection anywhere. The only Secrets that seems to consistently have issues is Silversands so perhaps eliminate that one from consideration.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with adult only all inclusives!!!!

I mean, if it includes air, great... if it does not, then we can work with that, too.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with adult only all inclusives!!!!

I would add the Iberostar Grand and Valentin to your list of resorts to look into.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with adult only all inclusives!!!!

Secrets Silversands is running specials on Orbitz and Apple vacations. Your budget would cover seven days including the air.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help with adult only all inclusives!!!!

Ditto what previous poster said. Check Orbitz for prices and use the entertain200 promotion code to save $200. Including the discount you should be able to do Silversands for around $1400. The other secrets and excellence will run you about $2000.

Those prices include air for the both of you.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help with adult only all inclusives!!!!

Thank you! Keep the responses coming.

Just an FYI, I checked ORBITZ and for Secrets that coupon code is not available.

Also, my real big concern are the poor and terrible reviews of all the resorts mentioned.

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,084 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help with adult only all inclusives!!!!

Hi Pink -

Without sounding intrusive, here are some questions that will help us help you!

* Your ages:

* How social do you like to be on vacation?

* How important is a nice beach?

* Do you like small, medium or large resorts?

* Do you want to dress for dinner, or do you prefer a more casual atmosphere?

BYW, Secrets Silversands is supposed to have a terrible beach - even folks who love the resort say that the beach is bad.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help with adult only all inclusives!!!!

Pink - with the exception of sliversands, what resorts have terrible reviews?

Maybe you have them sorted by lowest rating first so you are only seeing the negative ones? Also, keep in mind that the vast majority of bad reviews came when these properties first opened. After that they are pretty stellar.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help with adult only all inclusives!!!!

Coupon still works for me. It has to be for an air and hotel package of 6+ nights. It won't work for just hotel.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help with adult only all inclusives!!!!

Excellence, Secrets, Royal Cancun, El Dorado, etc... all have had negative reviews in the recent past, within last 6 months or so. I am just getting anxious, because I want to pick the right place for the money and not have a terrible time. I have traveled before to many places, but only have been to all inclusives in Europe.