We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choosing a Car Rental Agency in Cancun

usa
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Choosing a Car Rental Agency in Cancun

We need to rent a car in May and would like advice on which agency to choose. We will be flying into Cancun and staying at Soliman bay just north of Tulum. I have seen some posts that suggest renting off site to avoid airport fees. I have also read that we should get a quote online beforehand and purchase all insurance. I have also seen various posts regarding certain agencies but the bottom line is that I am more confused than I was before I started. If any of you could give my an unbiased recommendation on who to rent from I would really appreciate your input. Thanks in advance!

california
Level Contributor
89 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choosing a Car Rental Agency in Cancun

I'd like to know too.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choosing a Car Rental Agency in Cancun

We rent a car every year when we go. We have used Thrifty car rental and Cancun car rental. No problem with either. Be sure to get the insurance. Sometimes it is cheaper to rent off airport, you have to check the prices on line. Either way, they will come and pick you up at airport and bring you back for free.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Choosing a Car Rental Agency in Cancun

I've rented a couple of times from Avis and Thrifty with no trouble whatsoever. I suggest you look for some way to get a discount ie ask for corporate rate, check your credit card benefits, etc and that you put the rental on a credit card that will cover the insurance. Just be sure to go over the car with a fine tooth comb when you pick it up and have them make note of every liitle defect inside & out.

Edited: 14 March 2010, 16:36
Tulum, Mexico
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Choosing a Car Rental Agency in Cancun

www.easywayrentacar.com

From www.vrbo.com/17242

5. Re: Choosing a Car Rental Agency in Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2010, 06:17