We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It's like a sickness.....

toronto, ontario
Level Contributor
609 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
It's like a sickness.....

hoping I'm not alone.

We'll finally be on our way to the Riviera Maya on Friday. I've been waiting for this trip for soooo long. Now it's almost here and all I can think about is what on earth I'm going to do with myself AFTER the trip is over!!! : (

A pre-vacation-itis??? Half the fun is the planning, researching, packing, pouring over all the trip reports, getting to know folks on the TA board. It's just never the same when you get back home. This happens with me EVERY time we go on vacation...and we usually go away twice a year...so I can't complain.

Just hate knowing that the big 'depression' is just around the corner.

On the other hand....this time, next week, we'll be sitting around a bar, enjoying good conversation in that wonderful tropical air!!! *sigh*

Dos Pinas Coladas, por favor'!!!

Anybody else?????

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,026 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: It's like a sickness.....

Do what the rest of us do, start planning and researching your next trip.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: It's like a sickness.....

OMG - me too!! We leave in 14 days! I'm getting suit cases out today!!

Midlothian, IL
Level Contributor
389 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: It's like a sickness.....

You are not the only one who has a sickness. I have one too!!!

As soon as I am back from vacation, I am planning another! Sometimes I may have 2 trips on the books before I even go on the 1st one.

Have a fantastic trip and don't get down when it's over - just plan another one!

toronto, ontario
Level Contributor
609 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: It's like a sickness.....

Oh, don't worry...plan for the next trip I will!

I'm just talking about how I bum myself out with my stupid thoughts. Like, sitting around thinking '2 weeks from right now, we'll be packing our bags and getting 1 last look of the beach' kind of thoughts. I should be thinking 'next Sunday, right now, I'll be well into my 3rd Pina Colada'!!!!! LOL!

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
373 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: It's like a sickness.....

" enjoying good conversation "

Well Belle, I can't promise you anything too great in the line of a conversation. If I do ....... It will cut into my drinking time!

Cheers! See ya this week.

toronto, ontario
Level Contributor
609 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: It's like a sickness.....

Dang!

Almost forgot about YOU!! LOL!

Okay.....I promise not to laugh at you if our 'conversations' are a wee bit slurred.

I may capture it on film though. You know, evidence and all!!!! Bwahahaha!

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: It's like a sickness.....

Belle, im the same love the build up to a holiday its soooo exciting ,Im going in may and already booked another holiday also my daughter is getting married in july so hopefully wont be to miserable when i return,

toronto, ontario
Level Contributor
609 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: It's like a sickness.....

Cunard: Lucky ducks! Another trip planned already! Plus with the wedding of your daughter to plan, you'll have much less vacation withdrawal then most of us! I'm jealous. : (

Enjoy!

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: It's like a sickness.....

Belle ,you have a fantastic time also and as soon as you return start thinking of the next one ,only way to keep sane ,LOL.

10. Re: It's like a sickness.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2010, 06:18