We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I stick with Secrets Silversands or switch to VIM?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
400 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Should I stick with Secrets Silversands or switch to VIM?

We have a 6 Apple Adults Only deal for June, which means we will more than likely get Secrets Silversands. I just looked at the Apple Site and the VIM is currently less than what we paid for our 6 Apple Deal. Should we switch our reservation to the VIM or stick with the Square Deal?

Is the beach at VIM better than Silversands? Also, not sure if I'm going to like the whole "modern feel" of Silversands.

Help me decide! I am going crazy second guessing myself and my husband is about to kill me! ;)

Donnellson, Iowa
Level Contributor
998 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I stick with Secrets Silversands or switch to VIM?

If it is less and you have doubts about Secrets Silversands, then switch.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I stick with Secrets Silversands or switch to VIM?

If the beach is important to you, then switch. We just returned from the Apple 6 Square AI deal and we did get Silversands. The beach itself is nice but the entire area of water in front of Silversands is full of rocks and it is nearly impossible to enjoy the ocean. We did pick a path out to where there was a 5x5 area of sand but were afraid if the wave pushed us we could get battered by the rocks. Also, you will get a room in the back of the resort with the square deal unless you upgrade.

That being said, I have to say the pools, bars and restaurants at SSS are among the nicest I have experienced.

Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
811 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I stick with Secrets Silversands or switch to VIM?

I gree with Zeta , if the beach is important to you choose VIM ,I swam in the ocean everyday we were there. Real nice beach at VIM .

That being said I can tell you that VIM is a very large resort so be prepared to walk alot to get to and from where you want to go.

I also thought the food , the service , and the overall resort expeirience was better at SSS than at VIM . I would recommend either resort to anyone both are nice but if I had to pick from the two for a return visit I would choose SSS .

4. Re: Should I stick with Secrets Silversands or switch to VIM?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2010, 07:16