We were informed this morning that our Apple Vacations charter fight has been delayed for 5 hours today, I'm assuming because of the rain.
In addition, my husband has gotten some sort of food poisoning (don't know if it was from here last night or the restaurant at Coba yesterday) and has a very high fever and has been violently ill since early this morning.
I had to fight with the front desk to let us stay in the room until our transfer picks us up at 5pm today, (they were originally supposed to pick us up at noon). They were extremely unsympathetic toward our predicament. They expected him to hang out in the bar or lobby for five hours while he was throwing up and having diarrhea. They kept telling me someone was already assigned to our room and we needed to be out of here by noon. I was practically in tears but they couldn't offer me any other option. Finally, an hour later, they called me and told me we could stay in the room until 4pm for an extra $45 charge.
I wouldn't have minded the delay if my husband weren't very sick (and if it weren't raining). We could have hung out by the pool or beach, but I just want to get out of here. I'm not even sure how my husband is going to be able to travel in his current condition or whether I should call a doctor. He is so sick he can barely move. I am hoping by the time our transfer comes he will be feeling better, and I hope our flight is not delayed any further. :(
This vacation was pretty great up until today but my impression of the VIM has been greatly tarnished today. They are so welcoming and warm until your time is up and then they just kick you to the curb.