We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium Kantenah VS Playacar Palace

Montreal
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Palladium Kantenah VS Playacar Palace

Hello fellow travellers,

We are looking to take a trip in March with our 6 months old baby. So far, we are considering the Grand Palladium and Playacar Palace, anyone been to both ? Which one would you recommand ?

Thanks in advance !

canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah VS Playacar Palace

So nobody has been to both places... ?

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah VS Playacar Palace

I've never been to the Playacar Palace. If you want loads of information go to the Palladium Addict website.

We went to the Palladium. Fabulours resort.

Montreal
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah VS Playacar Palace

Ok... Thanks for your time, it's much appreciated :)

Maryland
Level Contributor
467 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah VS Playacar Palace

I was at Grand Palladium last summer for 2 weeks. Nice place, but very spread out and could be a lot of walking with baby/stroller. The restaurants are spread out among all 4 of the resorts, there are a few pools, nice beach. I haven't stayed at the Playacar Palace, but have stayed at Cancun and Beach Palace. Just an opinion, but I did not care for Cancun Palace last time I was there. Palace Hotels do have a good reputation though.

~~Sue.

Montreal
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah VS Playacar Palace

Thank you so much Sue !!! Unfortunately I will need to find other options as the couple we are travelling with cut 1000 $ off their budget for our trip. We are now considering Gran Bahia Principe Coba, I feel it's a bit 'less' than Palladium resorts but what can you do thats what happens when you travel with other people. I will make sure to post a review of our stay, thanks again for responding :)

Maryland
Level Contributor
467 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah VS Playacar Palace

I haven't been to Gran Bahia in Mexico, but have stayed at Gran Bahia Ambar in Punta Cana and loved it. The GP is also a very large resort though, and I would not want to navigate the grounds with a stroller. I have a couple of friends who will only stay at the GP in Riviera Maya though, but not with small children. I would seriously look at some resorts that are not as spread out, there are probably some that are still in your price range. I have a good travel agent if you're in need of recommendations, PM me if you want her name.

~~Sue

7. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah VS Playacar Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2012, 07:16