We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ba flight

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
ba flight

has anyone flown the new ba route gatwick to cancun does anyone know if it includes the departure tax in the price as its a scheduled flight.

cheers.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ba flight

I don't believe it does. Most flights from Britian do not include the tax. It should be written on the ticket receipt what taxes and surcharges are included.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,042 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ba flight

My understanding (which may not be correct!) is that regularly scheduled flights INCLUDE the departure tax; charter flights do not.

As noted by MG, checking with the airline is probably your best bet.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ba flight

Since the BA flights to Mexico City include the taxes I have no doubt that the service to Cancun will also - one less thing to worry about!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ba flight

Had a look at this on the BA website - does not appear to be a direct flight, goes London - Miami - Cancun, or London - Madrid - Miami - Cancun. No mention of departure tax so I would guess that it still has to be paid.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ba flight

The BA site will list a number of routings but there is now a direct service London Gatwick-Cancun commencing February 19th. The website says the prices include "taxes, fees, charges and surcharges". I have flown BA to Mexico many times and have never paid a departure tax separately - it is included in the cost of the ticket.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ba flight

Thanks for the update...good info, more money for tequila..;)

7. Re: ba flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2012, 06:16