We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concerned about corporate parties at SMB

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Concerned about corporate parties at SMB

Since reading a few reviews regarding corporate parties taking over & being loud etc. i'm not sure SMB is for us.

I thought it was meant to be quiet, relaxing, romanti, luxurious. I now get the impresison it's full of loud, drunk people & not very luxurious at all and not my idea of a romantic setting. It sounds like an 18-30s holiday :-s

Can anybody help put my mind at ease please?

Is it normal for there to be many coporate events to be held there?

If so is this the same case for most if not all hotels?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,198 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Concerned about corporate parties at SMB

To answer the last part of your question.... yes, almost all of the adults only resorts have meeting facilities and welcom corporate groups AND weddings ( which can be just as disruptive in some cases as they are also a large private group ). It is a source of revenue for all the resorts.... when you go on a resorts' website, if they list "meeting facilities), then there is the chance there may be one when you go.

Having said that, SMB, like most of the adults only resorts down there, is a very nice place and they do their best to provide everyone with a good environment, but sometimes it is not possible to "police" some of the guests in a group as closely as they might wish. But it is not as you described, an 18 - 30s holiday place at all.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Concerned about corporate parties at SMB

I would like to put your mind at ease but the true of the matter is that this is not a "couples only" resort, it is an adults only resort and money speaks, they will book anyone or any group as long as it or they meet the adults only criteria.

3. Re: Concerned about corporate parties at SMB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 21:17