We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Sunset Princess

Natick...
3 posts
Save Topic
Grand Sunset Princess

I'm really nervous now about my upcoming trip to the Grand Sunset Princess hotel. I just discovered that was the hotel that blew up last year. I chose it because it got better reviews than many other hotels in the area. Any reviews to calm my nerves?

100 Mile House...
Level Contributor
4 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Sunset Princess

Hello,

Just got back from 7 days April 10 - 17th. The hotel shows no signs of what happened. My friend and I had a wonderful time there beautiful hotel, great beach, staff was nice. What we did get was theft from our room which concerned us. I do not think there will be any problems with booking this hotel but make sure you do not leave anything at all out. Our room key was taken at about day three and a complementary bottle of Tequila was also taken a few days before we left . We did report this to the manager. I would be lying to say that with so much going for this hotel having things stolen from the room (which is obviously staff) is a big disappointment. Best of Luck! There are many wonderful all inclusive resorts in this area just remember you are in Mexico.

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
811 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Sunset Princess

It is a beautiful resort with great staff! Go and have a wonderful time! :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Sunset Princess

With the explosion and the government doing an inspection after, it's probably safer than ever.

I'm going May 3rd, not worried at all. Just have a good time.

eyereent: did you have stuff stolen from your vault or just stuff you left out? I was thinking about hiding my electronics(phones, P&S camera, money etc) under the mattress since I heard people were getting stuff stolen from the vault.

4. Re: Grand Sunset Princess

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 02:17