We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manatee swim

Manchester, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Manatee swim

Hello everyone, first time post for me!

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, however for those that may have been before, have you done a dolphin/manatee swim? I'm going to Playa Del Carmen for 2 weeks on the 10th September (getting very excited!!) and one thing we really want to do is swim with manatees.

I've had a scour round but can only find 1 place, does anyone know of any cool places/theme parks that we could go and do this?

Thanks!!

Manchester, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Manatee swim

Can anyone please help???

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manatee swim

Manatees live in lagoons, I saw them in Belize, but not mexic, although i asume they are there too.. You can't "swim with them". They live in murky water eat sea grass on the bottom and surface for air every 8 minutes or so.

Southern California
Level Contributor
12,193 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Manatee swim

Pretty sure they have some at Puerto Aventuras but not sure if you can swim with them or just observe them.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,675 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manatee swim

You used to be able to get in the water with them in Belize. Not any more, though. People were actually trying to ride them.....

5. Re: Manatee swim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 21:18