We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time to Valentin - Have some questions...

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
First Time to Valentin - Have some questions...

I just booked a week at the Valentin Oct. 22 to 29th and, as a first timer there, have a couple of questions:

1) Does anyone have a map of the grounds with the building numbers/types? I looked on their website and couldn't find one.

2) Does anyone have the email address of the head concierge or who ever I need to contact for a room/building request? (you can PM me if you don't want it published on the forum). ;-)

3) Is there any evening entertainment or activities other than the show or after the show? Like maybe a band in the courtyard?

4) Do they have Don Julio and Grey Goose? How about Capn Morgan?

5) What was your most favorite thing about this resort? Least Favorite?

Thanks a bunch!!!!

Beechluver

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,662 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time to Valentin - Have some questions...

I'm headed to the Valentin on September 23 for my third time, yay!!!

To answer your questions:

1. I'm pretty sure there's a map on the VIM's Facebook page. If you can't find it, PM me with your e-mail address; I have a map and would be happy to send it to you;

2. from the VIM's own website:

For Reservations only, please contact us at:

E-mail: reservations@valentinimperialmaya.com.mx

For information regarding the Spa, please contact us at:

E-mail: spa1.vim@valentinmaya.com

For Airport Transfer information, please contact us at:

E-mail: info.vim@valentinmaya.com

For any additional information, please contact us at:

E-mail: info.vim@valentinmaya.com

info@valentinmaya.com

In the past, I've sent my room requests to reservations and/or info addresses.

3. Yup, there's a band in the courtyard each evening followed by a dj. Depending upon the crowd in attendance on any given evening, it can be hopping or a big yawn.

4. I think they have all three but you'll likely have to ask for them specifically (and they may not be available at all bars). I've seen mixed reports about the VIM's "top shelf" liquor, so not positive about this. If having these brands is an indispensable part of your vacation experience, you might want to consider bringing your own.

5. Favourite thing about the resort - really hard to pick just one or two, I love it all! Food wise, the lamb vindaloo at Tamansari is definitely up there. My least favourite would be the lunch a la carte at Mar/Tierra. Not a big fan of that restaurant in the evening either - IMHO, the ambience is a bit lacking (thanks to fluorescent lighting) and it can be buggy if the mosquitoes are out.

I guess a really, really minor complaint I have about the VIM is that the front desk people aren't as friendly as you'd expect - especially given how warm the treatment you'll receive from everyone else ....... but I'm being really, really picky by even mentioning this.

HTH and have a great trip!

Edited: 08 September 2011, 17:29
Cincinnati
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time to Valentin - Have some questions...

Wow! Thanks Lisa for the great info!!! I looked on their web site again to see if I missed anything and still can't find the map so I will PM you with my email address.

One more question, if you please?

Do they have a lazy river that goes around the resort? I saw something in some of the pics that looks like one but can't tell if it's just the swim out suites or a real lazy river (like at the IB Lindo).

Thanks again for all of your help!

Beechluver

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,596 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time to Valentin - Have some questions...

It really isn't a lazy river, but the small, quiet pool that surrounds buildings 6-8 which house the golden suites.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,596 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time to Valentin - Have some questions...

If you "like" VIM on Facebook you'll find a map there. It's in the photo area. Also lots of info there.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time to Valentin - Have some questions...

I hope this works for an aerial view of the resort. You can click on the enlarge option on the image to the right of the screen and get a good idea of the layout of the resort. You can see the lazy river is the large crescent shape pool to the left (south end) of the resort.

We are going to the Valentin for our 3rd time this October 22- 31st.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/7633307

Edited: 08 September 2011, 18:30
Cincinnati
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Time to Valentin - Have some questions...

Thanks, Victoriabound!

Hope to see you there!!! We'll be there Oct. 22 to 29th.

Beechluver

7. Re: First Time to Valentin - Have some questions...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 08:16