We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help on deciding a hotel with amazing beach

West New York, New...
11 posts
Save Topic
Help on deciding a hotel with amazing beach

Hi,

My wife and I are looking to go on vacation this June. We've been searching for days, and we're getting more and more confused each day!

Our top priorities are:

All inclusive

GREAT beach

Adults only

More restaurants the better too! So far, we've been looking at El Dorado and secrets in maroma beach...

I think we REALLY want to go to secrets in maroma, but the cost is kind of on the high side... we're hoping to spend roughly $1500 per person for 6 night trip. El Dorado fits the cost, but I don't know if it's exactly what we're looking for.

Could you give suggestions on other hotels where we can find some AMAZING beaches (we're not much of a pool person) and a place where we can really relax and enjoy? My wife is pregnant so we won't be really looking for party type of environment. thanks!!

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
368 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help on deciding a hotel with amazing beach

Try Catalonia Royal Tulum - best beach, all inclusive, and adults only and it's usually fairly low priced in comparison to other adults only properties. I stayed there two years ago and loved it and we're heading back in May. My coworker stayed at the Valentin Imperial Maya and loved it also (adults only, nice beach, and all inclusive).

Ewing, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help on deciding a hotel with amazing beach

I also recommend checking out Catalonia Royal Tulum. The beach is, quite simply, amazing!!!

Donnellson, Iowa
Level Contributor
995 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help on deciding a hotel with amazing beach

I can vouch that Secrets Maroma is a great adults only resort with awesome beach.

Really good food for AI. I of things I enjoyed was that for lunch you can do buffet or can go to restaurant near pool and order from the menu. They also have a small salad bar with sushi (which my husband enjoyed). Buffett food does get old after a while. We usually ate at Word Cafe for breakfast (very good), which had buffet plus some egg cooking stations. Then we ate at lunch near the pool (Oceana or Seaside, can't remember the name) and ordered from the menu. Then ate at the Ala cartes by the lobby. No reservations unless you want to eat at the Hibachi tables in the Japanese.

The beach is great, so is the service. There is a bat on the beach, but the waiters come around pretty regular. We spent most of our time at the beach. Our routine for 5 days was get up, eat breakfast, go to beach, go eat lunch, go back to beach, go to room and shower and change for dinner, eat dinner, go to lobby bar or show, and then to bed. Pretty relaxing stay.

I think this would be a great place for your wife to relax and be pampered.

Donnellson, Iowa
Level Contributor
995 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help on deciding a hotel with amazing beach

sorry

should read " a bar on the beach", not a bat.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,977 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help on deciding a hotel with amazing beach

If Secrets Maroma Beach is out of the budget, check out Catalonia Royal Tulum (as has already been suggested ) and the Valentin Imperial Maya.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help on deciding a hotel with amazing beach

Secrets Maroma Beach - hands down. There may be some price breaks for this time of year.

If not, Catalonia Maya - Privilege beach buts right up against SMB. They share the same fabulous beach. It's not adult only but you can get some fabulous rooms.

We are trying VIM this year. It is supposed to have a little of everything.,

Edited: 22 March 2012, 12:34
7. Re: Help on deciding a hotel with amazing beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 13:42