We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dreams puerto aventuras vs. dreams riviera cancun

woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Topic
dreams puerto aventuras vs. dreams riviera cancun

i wanted to know which dreams property you would recommend for a family group that ranges from mid 30's to 80 yr old...we will also have two kids with us 6 yr old and 1.5 yr old. does one resort have a better beach than the other (as in less rocky, more waves or less waves, proximity to pool, etc.).

any information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks so much

mina

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dreams puerto aventuras vs. dreams riviera cancun

Puerto Aventuras has a cove beach area. Very calm for children. The pool is a gradual entrance which is also good for children. Really great kids club for the 6 year old. Haven't been to Dreams Riviera Cancun.

long island, ny
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dreams puerto aventuras vs. dreams riviera cancun

I have only stayed at DRC. It is really nice small resort. The beach was very nice, but I would think the waves would be less at the other one.

It is close to the airport.

great kids club as well.

Close to Puerto Morelos for a visit to town.

the one weird thing I noticed is the location of the public bathrooms by the beach/pool is down a flight of stairs. I thought that was pretty dumb!

If the 80yo has mobility issues this may be an issue. The rooms are close by, but still, who wants to go back to the room to use the restroom each time!

3. Re: dreams puerto aventuras vs. dreams riviera cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 10:40